well l96 upgrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well l96 upgrading

hi all thinking of getting a well l96 to upgrade i dont have much money so i was thinking of just getting a new spring and piston ect one thing i was worrying about is will whatever holds the piston back (possibly somesort of trigger mechanism)when its cocked snap with the increased pressure of the spring? might be a stupid question but better be safe then sorry dont want it breaking all help will be appreciated

Re: well l96 upgrading

Got to be honest wel l96s and warrior ones are very bad save up for a TM you will not regret in anyway.

Comment

i would but im just swapping a tokyo marui mp5 for it ive got no cash spare at the moment

Comment

OH well tbh wait mate if you het a well or warrior you will be extremly disapointed.

Comment

its the warrior dunno why i said well and ive used it a few times its alright i mainly use it for shooting into windows and spotting to order my team around assualting a village i just want rid of my tm mp5 tbh so i dont need anything extremely good as im no hardcore sniper

Comment

well and warrior is the same thing, either way a waste of cash

Originally posted by Metalbody
            pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

swap it for a VSR

Comment

Badas you offering to swap with him? lol

Anyway to answer your original question OP (which others did so helpfully) if you do get a Warrior L96 the Sear (the trigger bit you were referring to) shouldn't snap instantly however it will wear down quicker than normal. So you would want to get a replacement Sear, and definitely a new hop rubber.

You will most likely find that a new sear and rubber is all you need as they shoot quite hot anyway (circa 470fps) so no real need to change the spring. If you really want a small increase in fps to crica 485 get a tight bore inner barrel as well.

Hope this helps
                Last edited by crasstoe; 26 August, 2011, 16:10.
                King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

id quite like it to push 500 not over this obviously but id like decent range obviously not too fussed about accuracy i like a challange :P also do you think i could keep the stock piston with an upgraded spring

Comment

Originally posted by jssmitty96 View Post
                    id quite like it to push 500 not over this obviously but id like decent range obviously not too fussed about accuracy i like a challange :P also do you think i could keep the stock piston with an upgraded spring
                    No reason why you couldn't, honestly I doubt you would get it hitting any nearer 500 without going over. A new hop chamber with the upgrades I mentioned previously would give you a slightly bigger increase.

Range is not directly affected by power alone, a good hop and barrel will see a gun with 300fps out range one with 400fps if the hop and barrel are naff.
                    King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

yeah i really dont want to spend much at all on this i just want it for doing maybe 20 mins a week skirmishing so i think i would replace the hop and just shove a bigger spring in it also can snipers use aeg barrels and hop rubbers

Comment

I had one a few years ago and used to get plenty of kills with it.

Spring, barrel, barrel spacers and hop rubber was all I had done to it. Don't bother with the sears and wait for anything else to break first especially as you will not be using it much.
                        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                        X