decisions....decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• decisions....decisions

I've been racking my brain for the last few days trying to decide between two pistols, having no luck in choosing i'll do what any self respecting person would do - let people I've never met choose for me.

i have two specific pistols in mind, the TM glock 26 advanced or a KJW 1911

while i like the practicality of the TM (works in all but the coldest conditions, marui quality/awesomeness).However I already own a marui m93r aep for sub zero conditions

on the other hand there's a full metal 1911...... enough said anybody?

ive always loved the looks of the 1911 AND it would help towards the BHD loadout which im slowly building. however i cant help but dread the inevitable winters day when i draw my 1911, pull the trigger and....... a big puff of gas, and i think...... should have gone with the glock.

cheers in advance guys, and while i know that i could go through endless reviews online ect. id rather ask the largest (and wisest) font of accumulated airsoft knowledge i could think of........ (thats you guys) lol

Re: decisions....decisions

By the sounds of your post you're leaning towards the 1911. Get that, I reckon you'll be annoyed with yourself if you get the glock and still want the 1911 anyway
    Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
    I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

TM 1911? Not full metal but will work all year round.

I'm not a Glock fan myself.
      JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

1911 mate... hate the glock...
        If you ever need any weightlifting, protein or gym advice let me know.

Comment

i do really want the 1911, however i know id kick myself if it only worked properly on the few and far between sunny days we get. are the TM gbb range really THAT much better than a full metal kjw gun? As much as i love the 1911 id rather go for practicality over awesomeness (sign of getting old maybe) and i know i could go for a tm 1911 but id really want one in full metal (just doesnt seem right otherwise lol) and price is also a critical factor.

Comment

You should really look at getting the TM 1911, I can't stand "Blocks". They're really worth it, alternatively don't forget the WE counter part, I have a WE 1911 currently and it's really good fun to use! and that all important for you, full metal.

Comment

1911 vote here, avoid the "Block 26"
              King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
              https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
              www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

1911 from KJW or TM. Don't get the WE you'll be dissapointed comparing it to a TM version.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
                  1911 from KJW or TM. Don't get the WE you'll be dissapointed comparing it to a TM version.
                  Not saying the WE is bad, just the KJW & TM are better if your budget spreads that far. Just be ready for the Full Metal itch to come in... it did for me!
                  King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                  www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

The KJW is full metal itself. And is fully TM compatible. There are other full metal options that are TM compatible. But they are terrible. WE are very hit and miss. I've had 4 of the 1911's and only 1 worked half decently. And that wasn't in the winter. They all sucked eggs in the winter.

You could go down the KWA route also. But their trades really put me off. I'd rather no trades over their crappy ones

Comment

I havn't handled 1911's in particular but have the p226. Hands down TM over KJW, yes KJW is metal but once the novelty of telling people you have a metal gun wears off you will wish you had got the TM.

Comment

Coming from a Glock lover this pains to say, but I would go the 1911 route. Simple reason is that you obviously want a full metal gun. And as we all know, regardless of brand GBB's suck in the cold, and you already have a M93 for those cold days, so just pack it in your kit bag. It wont be the end of the world if in one game you pull the trigger, get a dead mans click (or puff of gas and a pathetic ''popufffff'' sound in this instance) as then you know for the next game to whack out the M93.

Comment

Personally I would go for the TM 1911, if you still want metal get a metal upgrade kit

M
                          'Old school wood and steel, thats the way they were built in the good times!'

Comment

Originally posted by BringOnThunder View Post
                            I havn't handled 1911's in particular but have the p226. Hands down TM over KJW, yes KJW is metal but once the novelty of telling people you have a metal gun wears off you will wish you had got the TM.
                            +1

I've never seen any pistol shoot as straight as a TM MEU (i presume it'll be pretty much the same as a regular 1911). If I ever start up again I'd be smashing TM pistols like there was no tomorrow!
                            Originally posted by The Laughing Man
                            Millzy I honestly only just noticed that your avatar blinks. I thought I was having a hallucination for a second..

Anyway. Boobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Minotaur View Post
                              Personally I would go for the TM 1911, if you still want metal get a metal upgrade kit

M
                              The thing with upgrading TM to metal is that you loose everything a TM is, they become unreliable, uneconomical with gas, and basically become a pain in the ass, and for what most metal upgrade kits cost new, you could get a semi decent metal pistol for the novelty of a metal gun without compramising a TM.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RPZ_Kai just gettin back into airsoft after a couple of years and trying to get used to how much has changed Find out more about RPZ_Kai
                              Working...
                              X