Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CYMA m14

Hey,

Pretty new to Airsoft and thinking about getting my first aeg next month(When I will have UKARA :D). Been spending a lot of time browsing the Interwebs, having sneaky looks at peoples guns and trying a few at skirmishes. I've worked out that I want the m14 as its the best looking gun I have ever seen. Over time I want to turn it into a DMR.

I've spent a fair amount of time reading reviews and looking at threads about the CYMA m14, but most of them contradict each other. I have a few questions/things I want to know.

1. Are the internals metal? I ask this because I want to get a 9.4v battery, I've read this breaks the gun... yet also makes it better?
    2. Would you say this is a good starter gun?
    3. Anyone have any issues etc?
    4. What else would you recommend that is similar to the m14?
    5. If I do decide to get this, what else would you recommend I get with it? m14 rail, scope, mid-cap magazine, 9.6v battery, decent sling?

Cheers

Re: CYMA m14

internals are full metal, running a 9.6 NiMH battery through it hugely improves it as the RoF is a bit sluggish on a standard battery, had mine for a couple of months now and had no problems whatsoever, only issues are that it is very difficult to take apart for upgrades (although that said its good enough stock) and some external parts are made of quite brittle metal, if you want something similar perhaps an M16Vn when it comes to size/period
    overall its a great gun at a decent price, hope this helps
    In war there is no prizes for the runner up

Comment

an awesome gun, I bought one second hand, whacked a tightbore in it, put on a mosfet, as all the wiring is external its the easiest gun to do it to, never once opened the gearbox, slapped a 9.6v 4600mah monster battery in it and loved it to bits!!!

Mids, go for tm metal midcaps, work a treat.

Only parted with her to a friend, to get him a great gun to start skirmishing with, he love it, and still does!

Comment

So would you recommend getting a 9.6v 4400mAH large battery? I don't really know which I should order. Any links etc?

Where would I put a scope? Or would I have to get a special rail for it?

Comment

you can fit a large battery in the cyma m14 stock but you will need to hollow it out a little and buy a small-to-large connector. if you want a scope you will need to buy the kings arms mount base-this is pretty easy to get hold of. I would be tempted to check out the socom version cos i found the full size to be extremely cumbersome when moving through bushes+corridors etc. great gun though on the whole
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stealthgunner View Post
            you can fit a large battery in the cyma m14 stock but you will need to hollow it out a little and buy a small-to-large connector. if you want a scope you will need to buy the kings arms mount base-this is pretty easy to get hold of. I would be tempted to check out the socom version cos i found the full size to be extremely cumbersome when moving through bushes+corridors etc. great gun though on the whole
            I might just get a small battery for now, best 9.6v I can find. Does the better battery greatly improve the gun? Worth getting?

That's something I was going to ask, how would you rate the socom to the full size? Any big differences?

Comment

socoms a good call, a little easier to wield!

No noticable difference in performance, there is a whole gazilion page debate on the optimum length of a barrel... tbh, both as good as eachother

On the back of both, 2 screws removes the metal butt plate, then inside there is a plastic black molded bit, remove and lob it away, makes fitting a big battery easier, then tuck the wiring over the top body screw, there is a nice gap (when you do this, you'll know what I mean.

Any q's, add me as a friend, then when you have it, I can talk you through it, simples!

Comment

I'm going to have to properly try them both I think, see which I prefer. Guessing the socom will make cqb a lot easier, but I love the size of the standard m14.

Would a small sized battery last a full skirmish day?

How do you use it? Fully auto? Semi? Med-long range? Close range?

Comment

meh, small batteries have less uumph! seriously, modding the stock takes 2 minutes and WELL worth it, mini's you'll need 2, big, one, which will do a weekend!

Semi, full auto if they aint taking the hits, lovely guns, the socom is a good all rounder

Comment

Guessing I would then fill in the empty space with something to stop it all from shaking around and making a noise?

I'm going to see if I can give the socom a bit of a try tomorrow. If they are basically the same gun then I need to decide which one looks the best :D

Comment

socoms are hardly cqb, they're still a shade over a metre long, as for scope mounts cyma make their own for a fraction of what king arms will charge you
                      In war there is no prizes for the runner up

Comment

Hmm... I might stick with the standard m14. Would you say the stock gun is pretty accurate? I'm thinking of getting a mk23 socom as a sidearm when I go to cqb sites

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks for all the top replies and posts!

Comment

Keep it stock unless it needs a downgrade fps wise, By the way they come with a tightbore inner barrel as standard, I have owned 3, one standard and 2 socoms, The most accurate aeg I ever owned, however I prefer the socom to the standard.
                          AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Okay, I've decided on getting the socom. I'm just wondering, are the asg m14's rebranded cyma? If so, I might get the asg

Comment

Yep, in one matey! And bully's special prize....!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chiefyk Find out more about chiefyk
                              Working...
                              X