Lipo c rating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lipo c rating

I've been using Lipo's for a while with no issues but I want to know what they are doing and if they are right,I just bought the biggest that would fit.
    Using a 1600 MaH or a 2200 MaH they both have a discharge rate of constant 30c and burst 40c..now that is the bit that intrigues me....what is that telling me?
    What rating is suitable for a std M4. 7.4v Lipo?I understand that it has to be above a certain C but is there also a "ceiling" for the rating?
    Thanks....:D

Re: Lipo c rating

Higher the c rating equals higher discharge. meaning better trigger response and a small up in rof. for me if im going 7.4 then i look for the higher discharge ratings as even some of the highest c rated lipos will only push out a little more than a good quality 9.6v nimh. so should be fine in most stock m4s.
    sigpic

Comment

Cheers Joe I did a bit of surfing and these are kicking out 48~88amps..thats massive isn't it?
      How would I find the correct current rating for a certain AEG?And how low could I go with the C?
      I'm happy with what I have I just want to know these things...:D

Comment

Theres no correct rating for an aeg as such, imo its what you feel comfy using. 15c is low enough rating i dont like using even those tbh lol im a bit of an 11.1 user so 7.4v doesnt do it for me anymore.
        sigpic

Comment

Well, my 14.8 pumps out 296 Amps constant...lol. If that's anything to go by.

There is nothing wrong with 15C values either. The smaller the battery the lower the C rating generally as they are more difficult to get to pump the power out of. There are some variation on this as I have been searching for a high powered batt to fit into a PEQ15 and I am hoping I have found an 11.1 45C that will with a tiny ammount of modification. Well I guess we will see in a couple of weeks...lol.
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

I had a 15c 1100 in my socom as I had it lying around, and sticking a 1450 20c in there doesn't seem to make that much of a difference!

I guess It will last longer though!

Anything over 20c will do you well

Comment

i found 7.4v 40-50c a little too fast for the ROF on my magpul m4 so dropped down to a 7.4 25-30c

Originally posted by Metalbody
              pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

The motor will not draw any more current than it is capable of drawing - putting in a huge battery doesn't 'push' the motor to go faster. All you do when you put a smaller battery in is the choke the motor of some current that it would like to have.

Comment

Originally posted by KaRcop View Post
                  The motor will not draw any more current than it is capable of drawing - putting in a huge battery doesn't 'push' the motor to go faster. All you do when you put a smaller battery in is the choke the motor of some current that it would like to have.
                  Exactly. If your battery can supply more than the motor can draw, it won't draw any more, and won't go any faster.
                  To use a boat analogy; displacement hulls have a maximum design speed. No matter how much power the engine has, it won't go faster than that speed.

Comment

Originally posted by KaRcop View Post
                    Hence why i go for higher c rated lipos so the torque motor i run can draw max current giving me max trigger response and rof
                    sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

snuff Find out more about snuff
                    Working...
                    X