Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P-mags

Hi,

I am thinking of getting a 10 pack of green label 70 round P-mags.

Does any one know if they are as good quality as the normal PTS P-mags?

Also would they fit a HK 416 model gun as well as the M4's.

Thanks.

Its depends on the brand of the gun mate, i use 70 rnd pts mags and 2 120 rnd ones, i had to put little shimms in the 120s to get them to feed my custom with a ka body. But ka are known for this.
    Originally posted by Bluegill
    5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Re: P-mags

Originally posted by dave-yzf View Post
      Does any one know if they are as good quality as the normal PTS P-mags?
      Not even close.

Comment

I'll be using them in an Ares M4 (when it works) and a JG 416.

B.E.N. I guess that answers my question, I lent a couple of the 120 round mags last game and thought they were great, but a little pricey.
        I fancied the 70 rounders as there alot cheaper.

Whould you say they were bad or just not as good as the 120 rounders?

Comment

I'd go as far as saying they are junk. They are very picky in what they like to feed well in. I've always found the PTS mags to feed in everything that takes stanag mags. However, people have reported that they don't fit G&P bodies, however i believe this to be the mag catch not the body. And they are very tight in a CA body. But i prefer them overly tight as you don't get any wobble then

Comment

The 70rd Green label are made by Star anyways, just licensed from Magpul.
            WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

My genuine 120rd Pmag doesn't work in my masada but the green label 75rd pmags work every time.

Comment

Originally posted by hapi View Post
                My genuine 120rd Pmag doesn't work in my masada but the green label 75rd pmags work every time.
                That's more to do with the gun mate than the mag itself. I know of at least 6 people at my local who use the PTS Masada and they all use PTS 120 rounders also. They all work fine for them.

Ares are sketchy with their build quality.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys.

Think I'm gonna save up and get the 120 round emags instead.
                  At least they'll work with my sa80 range aswell as 10 of each is gonna cost way to much.

Comment

It seems a little odd that 120 round Magpul PTS mags won't work in your Masada hapi, especially as the gun comes with one when bought brand new. I've never had any issues with mine conversely, and can wholeheartedly reccomend them (I have 7 of them!). Additionally, they worked fine in my G&P Fighting Cat, so I guess it does just depend on the gun

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
                      I'd go as far as saying they are junk. They are very picky in what they like to feed well in. I've always found the PTS mags to feed in everything that takes stanag mags. However, people have reported that they don't fit G&P bodies, however i believe this to be the mag catch not the body. And they are very tight in a CA body. But i prefer them overly tight as you don't get any wobble then
                      i had a G&P metal body on my CA sportline, and the PTS mags wouldn't feed

as soon as i put a new mag catch in, the PTS mags immediately started feeding perfectly
                      Originally posted by Fenriz
                      Hicaps are as bad as two-tone. Or rape.

Comment

Originally posted by dave-yzf View Post
                        Thanks for the advice guys.

Think I'm gonna save up and get the 120 round emags instead.
                        At least they'll work with my sa80 range aswell as 10 of each is gonna cost way to much.
                        You'll only really need 4 or 5 120 round mags though, surely?

Comment

I'd agree with B.E.N. I have 5 120rd Pmags that I use with my G&P cqb and they function superbly. I have yet to take part in a game where I needed more than 600 rounds, but I do carry a speedloader with another 120 just in case.

Comment

I had some of these and had nothing but trouble with them in my G&P M4 cqb. Sometimes they would feed and other times they wouldn't. Got fed up with them and sent them back to the seller.

Comment

I use these mags in my G&P M4 and have no problems, the only little mod i had to do to get these mags to feed properly was to put a small piece of Velcro (soft side) inside the magwell to push the mags forward so that they are seated tightly in the magwell and push on the feeding nozzle.
                              They feed right to the last BB every time.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dave-yzf Find out more about dave-yzf
                              Working...
                              X