Will sites allow a GBB pistol firing 400+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will sites allow a GBB pistol firing 400+

Just wondering whether UK sites will allow a GBB firing 400+ FPS (with the min. engagement distance rules ofc).

I was planning to extend the inner barrel of my GBB pistol. And I presume it will increase FPS dramatically. I want at least 7-10 inches gun. Atm its just about 4.5inches and firing 340-350 on propane, room temperature.

I will be investing a lot of money in this project so I'd like to hear your opinion first. And I don't think anyone has ever done it before too =) (hopefully I'll succeed)

its TM D.Eagle HK

yeah, maybe its the most stupid idea you've ever heard , nonetheless I'd like to try.

And is there a way to decrease your fps on GBB?

Re: Will sites allow a GBB pistol firing 400+

I STRONGLY doubt any sites will let you use it, however Ive not played at every site in the UK so I dont know for sure.

Also, easiest way to reduce FPS with a gas weapon is use a less powerful gas! Instead of propane try 134a (if you can find it now its been banned from the EU) or duster gas or something.

Comment

I got some duster gas from b and q. filled my mp7 mag and got around 4 shots off before it died every time... have i bought the wrong stuff lol and in regards to your pistol i too highly doubt it.
      sigpic

Comment

forgot to mention that i really like 9.99£ Price tag on a 2 huge cans of Propane at my local store. =)

I think that the whole idea is pretty much a waste of money in the UK due to FPS rules.

Comment

My local would let you use it with a 30M MED, it would just be same rules as a gas boltaction providing you didnt rapid fire it

Originally posted by Metalbody
          pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Funny I've never seen a pistol chronoed...never...

Comment

I've doubled the length of my tm socom barrel to an m4 cqb barrel, it's not too hard to do, bit of dremel work and I'm now getting 350 out of it, similar range to my magpul moe cqb, and it's still silent!!!

Weird thing is, watching the bb, it still looks slower than the m4, but crono's the same none the less! Love it to bits, I'll pop up some pics of the barrel after work

Comment

I don't really see the point in having a pistol shooting over 350/360 fps. The way I see it, why carry a side arm if you have to abide by the DOE?
                Originally posted by Tiercel
                The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Surely, for Ground Zero at least, I would expect the Semi Automatic sniper rule to apply (425 FPS or under with MED). Why wouldn't it? It'd just be like having a semi-locked AEG etc.

Is it the 10" Desert Eagle? I really fancied putting a VSR barrel in one and stick a large pistol scope on it.

Comment

What am I doing, I ment MED. Not DOE. Somebody slap me :D Apurturesci, thats alright if groundzero don't mind. But what about other sites or CQB, that have strict or lower fps?
                    Originally posted by Tiercel
                    The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

But what about other sites or CQB, that have strict or lower fps?
                      Well then of course he can't use it. I was just thinking of the sites that have rules for semi auto snipers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                        What am I doing, I ment MED. Not DOE. Somebody slap me :D Apurturesci, thats alright if groundzero don't mind. But what about other sites or CQB, that have strict or lower fps?

I am planning to use it as main. On one of many US forums , I've seen a STI Infinity which fires at 500 Fps and the owner claims that he can outrange some m14 users.

List of upgrades:
                        Guarder nozzle
                        Guarder Infinity slide
                        Guarder 150% spring kit
                        Nine Ball Dyna piston and loading nozzle spring
                        Nine Ball SAS kit
                        Action aluminum powerup floating valve
                        VSR 303mm G Spec inner barrel
                        KM hard bucking
                        Tanio Koba high flow valve
                        4.3 hammer
                        Carom Shot steel sear
                        Textured grip
                        Custom 190 mm barrel extension
                        SD SHPD magwell
                        G&P scope rail
                        AMP holosight

Can someone count the estimate total price for the upgrades based on the only retailer in the UK , Zero One Airsoft Ltd.

Thanks.

Comment

He is probably talking out of his rear end.

Even though you seem strongly set on this, ID strongly recommend not to. Pistol shooting is for CQB. The amount of variance from shot to shot, from your grip on the gun, to the physics of the BB travelling, to the technology in a GBB pistol, means that youre most likely going to spend all day trying to get your shots from one to the other, to line up correctly at the distance youd be shooting at.

Comment

If you just stick a longer barrel in there I'm not sure you're going to get the massive FPS increase you're thinking of anyway.
                            102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Originally posted by Longshot View Post
                              If you just stick a longer barrel in there I'm not sure you're going to get the massive FPS increase you're thinking of anyway.
                              I know but still it will give me at least +30 Fps increase which is more than Fps limits in the UK.
                              + Longer barrel is not the only upgrade I am after.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ixil Find out more about ixil
                              Working...
                              X