G&G CM16 Help :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G CM16 Help :)

I have recently purchased this gun and wish to add a red dot sight to it.

First of all, do red dot sights need power? ive seen some people advertising theyre selling them without a battery, so im guessing they would need one to function.

also, if i was using a red dot sight, would i need to take the front built in sight off the gun, if so, how?

thanks
    sigpic

Re: G&G CM16 Help

Well, there are a very small amount of holographic sights that actually don't need batteries. I have one and it's actually rather good. But pretty much all red dot sights will use batteries, but you can get like 10 for £2 on an auction site, so it's not to bad.

And a few red dot sights don't require you to take off the front sight, an Aimpoint with a cantilver mount, an EoTech or one of those Acogs with just a red dot should all work well with an M4.
    A real man doesn't own a gun... A real man owns 5 or more

Comment

Originally posted by Sparticus515 View Post
      Well, there are a very small amount of holographic sights that actually don't need batteries. I have one and it's actually rather good. But pretty much all red dot sights will use batteries, but you can get like 10 for £2 on an auction site, so it's not to bad.

And a few red dot sights don't require you to take off the front sight, an Aimpoint with a cantilver mount, an EoTech or one of those Acogs with just a red dot should all work well with an M4.
      Thanks a lot!
      if i did need to take it off, how would i do this, do you know?
      sigpic

Comment

you can't is the short answer

Comment

Well as above but only on those models as they are built onto the outer barrel
          sigpic

Comment

Angle grinder. Problem solved.
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

You can't take the front sight off without getting a free floating RAS and it all gets very complicated. You could just cut them off but that'd be a bit ugly IMO. You're best just getting an EoTech or an Aimpoint and have the red dot just at the top of the front post, or even better use a BUIS and co-witness.
              A real man doesn't own a gun... A real man owns 5 or more

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TomCW22 Find out more about TomCW22
              Working...
              X