camo tape or camo wrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camo tape or camo wrap

im after putting some camo on my sniper but dont want to paint it. so was thinking of camo tape or camo wrap (the stuff like hospital dressing ).
    but which one is best and will last longer??
    Captain Price: We're going deep and we're going hard
    SAS: Surely, you can't be serious?
    Captain Price: I'm serious. And don't call me Shirley

Re: camo tape or camo wrap

i also want to know as i am interested in it but not stuff that costs a bomb

Comment

I hear sniper tape is good, not tried it myself though.

Comment

i use a ghillie wrap for my vsr which is about £15 and then another ghillie wrap around the body and scope and it was on ebay for about £4, so there not very expensive, i do go out in a ghillie suit aswell just to match, but the only anoying thing about it is they get caught on everything.
        but its epic camo because you can lay down 5 feet from someone and they wont know your there till you take a shot.

sniper tape is good to change the colour but it does not really help with concealment, unlike the ghillie wrap that changes the shape of your rifle which makes it much harder for someone to spot you

Comment

Originally posted by mafiadragon View Post
          sniper tape is good to change the colour but it does not really help with concealment, unlike the ghillie wrap that changes the shape of your rifle which makes it much harder for someone to spot you
          I think the idea of Sniper tape is to spray whatever design you wanted on the rifle so it just stops paint getting on the normal paint.

Comment

most sniper tapes i have seen have a design on them already, but ok if they do that, thats a pretty good idea

Comment

Sniper tape, then spray onto that. Won't affect the paintjob on the rifle already, and when you fancy a change just remove it and start again.

If you then want to prepare the weapon for further concealment slide elastic bands over the rifle and then pack natural foliage into the bands.

Comment

google "stealth tape" - its a camo printed crepe bandage style tape that clings to itself and not the gun - so you can wrap yr gun, play and unwrap after with no mess or residue

simples

shev

Comment

the one's i was looking at are green,brown,woodland,snow,sand or digital tape and the wrap comes in woodland,snow,sand or digital. so as i dont want to paint the gun i know the tape will be a put on and leave on but how long will it last before you need to recover the gun???
                  Captain Price: We're going deep and we're going hard
                  SAS: Surely, you can't be serious?
                  Captain Price: I'm serious. And don't call me Shirley

Comment

long as gun/tape is dry when put away (and the inside of gun case)(ps keep a shachet of vp90 - from any air rifle site - in the case as its a moisture inhibiter) then should last a year or more - but its only five or six quid a roll which should do least two aegs

shev

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gsipete Find out more about gsipete
                    Working...
                    X