Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM SR 16 - Advice please

Hello,

I am a reletively new player and will qualify for my UKARA license next month.. so i have been looking around for an AEG.

Now one that i have come across that really sounds good is the TM SR 16, and i was just wondering if anyone has any experiences with them, good or bad, and any recommendation about getting one.

Thanks

Re: TM SR 16 - Advice please

Cant say much about the gun, but TM as a whole, will last you and will be dependable.
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

the TM SR16 is a good starter AEG. it can take a large battery in the stock which should last you all day. there are loads of cheap chinese magazines which will work in it no problem so it's a good cheap way to start a loadout. the inner barrel and hop, like most TM AEG's, is rock solid and shouldn't give you any trouble.

downsides of the early TM range is the plastic receivers which can be replaced at not too much expense and the FPS will be around 280 out the box.

They are also a good AEG to cut your teeth on when it comes to upgrading. adding a new J1 spring will give you a FPS of around 320 plus you get to see the inside of a gearbox. if your not confident then most shops charge a small fee to upgrade AEG's. Whilst your inside the gearbox stick a set of 6mm metal bushings to increase the life of the gearbox (we are talking years here). the 1j spring will give you a range of about 45 meters and with the good tm hop should be fairly accurate to that range.

if you decide to open the AEG be aware that the rear tabs on the rear of the upper receiver have a tendency to snap if you start forcing things apart. take care when separating the upper from the lower.
      Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

Thanks, some very useful information

Comment

They are also a good AEG to cut your teeth on when it comes to upgrading. adding a new J1 spring will give you a FPS of around 320 plus you get to see the inside of a gearbox. if your not confident then most shops charge a small fee to upgrade AEG's. Whilst your inside the gearbox stick a set of 6mm metal bushings to increase the life of the gearbox. there are loads of cheap chinese magazines which will work in it no problem so it's a good cheap way to start a loadout. the inner barrel and hop, like most TM AEG's, is rock solid and shouldn't give you any trouble.

Comment

Do the bushings go under each gear?? Sorry for the noob question :P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

AnthonyMurphy Find out more about AnthonyMurphy
            Working...
            X