painting a sniper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painting a sniper

so im getting a second hand two tone green l96 simply because it was cheap and im wondering what kind of everyday spraypaint i could use that wont wear off i usewd to use rust oleum or however its spelt and to be honest its rubbish feels sticky and rubs off i was thinking maybe using car paint has anyone ese tried this? any advice on what paint to get is good and i need to be able to get it from places like homebase b&q not online so krylon isnt an option and if it helps im planning on spraying it tan

Re: painting a sniper

Originally posted by jssmitty96 View Post
    so im getting a second hand two tone green l96 simply because it was cheap and im wondering what kind of everyday spraypaint i could use that wont wear off i usewd to use rust oleum or however its spelt and to be honest its rubbish feels sticky and rubs off i was thinking maybe using car paint has anyone ese tried this? any advice on what paint to get is good and i need to be able to get it from places like homebase b&q not online so krylon isnt an option and if it helps im planning on spraying it tan
    Try halfords spray paints you can get like every colour and its only a fiver im not sure if it works on plastic.. it should do :P

Comment

Just 2 Days ago I sprayed my Two-Tone L96 to Olive Drab/Woodland using Halfords Camouflage Paint for £7. Before that I tried Rust-Oleum but it just left it felling tacky and too shiny. So if I were you I would use some of the Halfords Camo spray. Oh and remember to sand lightly to create a key and if you can apply a grey primer
      Hope this helps.

Comment

Here's a couple of pics of it sprayed in Olive Drab

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/30082011284.jpg/L96 Body
        http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/30082011289.jpg/L96 Rear

Comment

Where?

Comment

Originally posted by Jez@Elite View Post
            Where?
            Should be there now

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Sniper View Post
              Just 2 Days ago I sprayed my Two-Tone L96 to Olive Drab/Woodland using Halfords Camouflage Paint for £7. Before that I tried Rust-Oleum but it just left it felling tacky and too shiny. So if I were you I would use some of the Halfords Camo spray. Oh and remember to sand lightly to create a key and if you can apply a grey primer
              Hope this helps.
              thanks alot much appreciated

Comment

Sniper RIFLE.

I don't know how many times I have to say this. The sniper is the SHOOTER.

FYI, I'd advise you have a UKARA skirmisher defence before changing anything about the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak View Post
                  FYI, I'd advise you have a UKARA skirmisher defence before changing anything about the gun.
                  I already suspect some foul play here May be wrong but my interwebz senses are tingling, if you get me...

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
                  Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

It seems two-tone guns are getting thrown around like a blunt at a bonfire nowadays. Everyone on about painting them without knowing what's what.

Comment

Hi - I painted my L96 using Halfords paints and am very pleased with the finish - Take a look - Hope you like it.

Comment

oh dear,

i messed my pants, thaats nice
                        Signature Removed

Comment

That is very nice and crisp

Painted mine with about 3 layers of Krylon olive green and it looks like the other above (not hte cammo one) but it rubs off too easily

Comment

when painting a sniper always start with the face, he should have a look of complete focus mixed with a twinge of contempt for his victim.

if you mean a sniper RIFLE however then yeah those halfords camo krylons are awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Bluegill View Post
                              I already suspect some foul play here May be wrong but my interwebz senses are tingling, if you get me...
                              It seems two-tone guns are getting thrown around like a blunt at a bonfire nowadays. Everyone on about painting them without knowing what's what.
                              Having taken the trouble to look back over his post history (something you guys should have done before making accusations), I think there's nothing untoward going on here.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                              X