Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Advice on gear and weapons for a new player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice on gear and weapons for a new player?

I really like these goggles http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater but do not know what they are can anyone tell me ?

Comment

Not 100% sure on them, as I'm not a geardo, but as Bringonthunder says, ESS ICE are possibly the best you could reasonably expect to afford on a limited budget?
      There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Ebay is good for clothing (am i forgiven for previous sins now)

Comment

Originally posted by pureairsoft11 View Post
          I really like these goggles http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater but do not know what they are can anyone tell me ?
          "G TMC Metal Mesh DL style Goggle ( Khaki ) " is what you are after... I'm not a gear whore.... promise

Comment

My Kids and their friends have been playing from the age of 12.

Good Boots.... nothing spoils a day like cold wet feet (or a twisted ankle)

For woodland DPM. Its cheap so more money to spend on other things
            For indoor you dont need special clothes

Safety gear . Most sites insist on FULL face for under 16/18s and my kids seem to prefer the Sansei style masks + gloves to protect their hands

BELT RIG. A good pistol belt will take more than enough pouches and holsters for a youngster. Most Molle pouches will fit. My son had a vest when he started but now prefers the light-wieght flexibility of the belt only. He uses Viper M4 or MP5 pouches as required and perfers a belt holster to a dropleg.

GUN .All the younsters like the idea of a scoped rifle but they all seam to gravitate to the light compact guns. Seriously, younger players will have more fun with a small light weight FULLY auto gun.
            Last time my son and his friends had a choice of any of our teams arsenal including SPRs, M249s, M16's etc. After the warm up they were using a G36C , a TM plastic MP5 ( even though a metal one was available) and an M4 stubby.

Comment

Decent eye protection as most others have said. I recomend hero shark for all your eye protection needs. Try get a mesh pair that is safety approved as then you don't have to deal with fogging OR scuffed lenses.

Boots is another must, try get a pair of ex issue boots at grade 1 usually around £20 and REALLY hard wearing. I love mine.

As for your load carrying I'm lead to believe I'm the best for this...but agreeing with some others a belt system would work well till you have more kit, then think about a vest. The reason I say this is because you might decide in a couple of months time you don't want to arisoft anymore so keep your stuff cheap until you need to upgrade or KNOW for a fact you're going to keep it up. The amount of things I've started over the years and money I could have saved is worrying!

Comment

Thank you very much guys

Comment

for a 'beginner' vest the viper la special forces vest cant be beat for price etc - I'd point you to a review of it but I think you'd know where to look
                  Last edited by yosser; 30 August, 2011, 22:30. Reason: spelling

Comment

What is a belt system is it just a belt with pouches on i ordered a belt with my gloves it was a trackpac pistol belt is that ok ? Thanks

Comment

I know this is off topic and if you don't know about why I am saying it I don't know where you have been all night but;

Iain this is how it should have been handled the first time round. We're a helpful bunch but will let you know as an ENTIRE comunity when you're being annoying.

So, got any other questions about the advice given, and I'm curious to know if you've played before or if you're just starting out. (:

Comment

Originally posted by Joefuski View Post
                        I know this is off topic and if you don't know about why I am saying it I don't know where you have been all night byut;

Iain this is how it should have been handled the first time round. We're a helpful bunch but will let you know as an ENTIRE comunity when you're being annoying.

So, got any other questions about the advice given, and I'm curious to know if you've played before or if you're just starting out. (:
                        Hey i apologise for my last post . I have had an a jg g36c since I was 10 I am now 14. You could say I'm starting out because I just recently went to my first skirmish. But I always play at my cousins farm with him and my mates its really good fun lots of barns and attics with Windows so you can snipe from them . I have just realised the vast amount of gear you can get in airsoft and find it really cool. I use a g&g m4 and the only thingi need forit is a few midcaps I have eye protection , belt, boots , an old olive wool jumper but all I need is some trousers and mag pouches

Comment

Just a final note, I hope the other thread has shown the backlash of asking lots of questions, don't worry you were not the first and you will not be the last. take everything on board, use the search function and google. Next time you have a question try and work it out, we will not be able to spoon feed you all the info you need. So happy skirmishing, have fun, have a laugh.

Also a final THANKYOU! your last thread kept me entertained for the while time its been up. One of the funniest threads I have seen recently :P

Comment

bulle as many have got them they arent overly expensive and they are value for money. They are cordura so they will stand up to even the most involved airsoft Iain this is how it should have been handled the first time round. We're a helpful bunch but will let you know as an ENTIRE comunity when you're being annoying.

Comment

Bamf why does he need to buy equipment he ab just hide behind you and bask in your glory ;-)
                              but on a serious note get him a viper tac vest a sling mount 1 point sling and a classic army sportline or a g&g

Comment

Originally posted by pureairsoft11 View Post
                                What is a belt system is it just a belt with pouches on i ordered a belt with my gloves it was a trackpac pistol belt is that ok ? Thanks
                                A belt system is pretty much exactly that, just a belt with pouches on it. Basically a webbing system without the yolk(shoulder straps)

Obviously the PLCE belt is designed to take PLCE pouches, but none PLCE usually work with a bit of persuasion, you just need to keep adjusting them till you find something that works. They are all made to the same basic simple design.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BAMF Self-proclaimed King of airsoft (No, not THAT guy!), ageing Professional and keyboard warrior! Find out more about BAMF
                                Working...
                                X