Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sabre force

Hi guys just thought i'd write a little review of the place

Firstly I was told that this place was gates open at 08:00 book in at 09:30 safety brief at 10:00 game on at 10:30 then lunch at 12:50 back out gaming for the rest of the day to 16:45 this did NOT happen

Good bits- Pizza for lunch delivered for £5, well thought out games
    Bad bits- extremely poor marshalling, staff were totally un-willing to hear about people cheating not a singal person had there rifle chrono'd

whilst on the site i was shot with by an aeg that i know was hot because i was about 40 meters away and it broke the skin on my finger through gloves...... mentioned this to the marshal to which he replied "no point in testing his gun now its the end of the day" which was really bad as it was only 15:45, an hour before the stated time and an hour before i was meant to be picked up from my game.

The next pretty bad thing that happened was a few people i had met while there and i were in the woods and had one of the opposite team surrounded, a marshal came in and we all let small burst off at him (2-3 rds) which you could here on his vest..... Didn't take his hit in front of the marshal then the cheaky so and so chucks a grenade that bounces off a tree lands at his feet and still doesn't go out! he jumps out from behind the tree and takes shots at all of us while were shooting at him and being honest players we all went out and the marshal said well done to him!!!!!!

All in all the games were boring because certain people were un able to take hits and they had stupid games that lasted far to long for the type of game. this place will not be getting my cash again

Re: sabre force

I play at Sabre force regularly and have done for the past 2 years i have had no problems what so ever with the marshals or the players.I have had many tips from the marshals themselves who are always willing to help and watch the game closely.The games are always action packed and are most certainly not boring.The terrain is excellent and some of the facilities are great.I have never had the experience that you have had and Sabre force and i recommend new people to come into Sabre to try out the great experience and full day out and i always have the urge to play again.
    JG MP5 SD5/C02 Desert Eagle/ICS L86 LSW/Upgraded Warrior L96/Dynatech BFG

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104660

Comment

Must say i planned on visiting Sabreforce a few times as its quite a bit closer for me than The Grange, however after being warned off by a couple of former players for exactly the things you describe i can totaly believe you.
      Shame realy as ive heard the site itself is cracking.

The Grange or F&O Kiddy for me.

Comment

well you couldn't of been at the last game then or obviously dont play at any decent sites to compare to it. the site itself is great and well layed out over flat ground.I felt really sorry for the people who had travelled all the way from oxford for that and the guy still couldn't take his hit when a girl was chooting him from about 10 feet away.

Had you of been there you would have seen the idiot in the light digi cam blatently cheating and if you do know the guy who runs it ask him about HIS rules on non hit takers and why after 6 seperate complaints he still did naff all about the guy

Comment

Originally posted by billybob9351 View Post
          Hi guys just thought i'd write a little review of the place

Firstly I was told that this place was gates open at 08:00 book in at 09:30 safety brief at 10:00 game on at 10:30 then lunch at 12:50 back out gaming for the rest of the day to 16:45 this did NOT happen

Good bits- Pizza for lunch delivered for £5, well thought out games
          Bad bits- extremely poor marshalling, staff were totally un-willing to hear about people cheating not a singal person had there rifle chrono'd

whilst on the site i was shot with by an aeg that i know was hot because i was about 40 meters away and it broke the skin on my finger through gloves...... mentioned this to the marshal to which he replied "no point in testing his gun now its the end of the day" which was really bad as it was only 15:45, an hour before the stated time and an hour before i was meant to be picked up from my game.

The next pretty bad thing that happened was a few people i had met while there and i were in the woods and had one of the opposite team surrounded, a marshal came in and we all let small burst off at him (2-3 rds) which you could here on his vest..... Didn't take his hit in front of the marshal then the cheaky so and so chucks a grenade that bounces off a tree lands at his feet and still doesn't go out! he jumps out from behind the tree and takes shots at all of us while were shooting at him and being honest players we all went out and the marshal said well done to him!!!!!!

All in all the games were boring because certain people were un able to take hits and they had stupid games that lasted far to long for the type of game. this place will not be getting my cash again
          Originally posted by tisane View Post
          Must say i planned on visiting Sabreforce a few times as its quite a bit closer for me than The Grange, however after being warned off by a couple of former players for exactly the things you describe i can totaly believe you.
          Shame realy as ive heard the site itself is cracking.

The Grange or F&O Kiddy for me.
          I wouldnt waste ur money Tisane I went with a fellow airsofter from my local site went last year on rememberance Sunday and it was just the same then . Site is ok running water toilets ok dinner is good value if you like pizza. But theres no planning in the games its just get on with it once the games started marshalls are miles away from the action chatting amoung ur there selfs there slow to progress the game if it get bogged down. On the day in question towards the end of the day 2 players dicking around before game started up decided to start shooting each other full auto at less than 10 feet between them when stood near the FOB lets say it didnt end well with one haveing his tooth shoot out by the other one and a punch up between them.

This was later published on some other airsoft review sites which where jumped on by the sites owners and there local airsoft team trying to say it never happended etc and was a accident.

Comment

mentioned this to the marshal to which he replied "no point in testing his gun now its the end of the day" which was really bad as it was only 15:45, an hour before the stated time and an hour before i was meant to be picked up from my game.I felt really sorry for the people who had travelled all the way from oxford for that and the guy still couldn't take his hit when a girl was chooting him from about 10 feet away.

Comment

Thing is,You get some one off players who never come back again i had a few experiences but i wouldn't put people off going it's a good site and good people
              JG MP5 SD5/C02 Desert Eagle/ICS L86 LSW/Upgraded Warrior L96/Dynatech BFG

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104660

Comment

i played sabre force about 3 times and at first i found it ok
                but after playing at F&O kiddy and seeing how felix runs it
                it makes you realise how shocking sabre force is
                it was said earlier that they never chrono guns
                100% correct
                i never saw one rifle chrono'd while playing not even gas rifles on hot days
                cheating was never dealt with
                and the marshals stood around chatting and not helping
                i doubt any of them had any first aid skills as when some1 went down it was a player who shouted stop and dealt with him
                basically i would recommend people to stay clear of sabre force
                go to F&O
                as i can guarantee the games will be more enjoyable and better structured

Comment

I played at Sabre solid for 18 months without missing a game.

A regular team then started playing,who took over everything,Including making up their own rules and self marshaling. (Balls ill say it, WMD if you have heard of them)
                  I stopped as it was getting worse every time. Last game i played was in September. I was bored after an Hour,I would have gone home if I hadn't got a lift up. The Scenarios never change.

They used to have 2 marshals in the field and one back at the safe zone but the last time I went it was one marshal and a couple of kids who were player marshals. Apparently its been like that for a while.

Any complaints fall on deaf ears or (as i was a regular) Stop F*cking moaning.

They have lost 10 regulars including my self.

Oh and good luck trying to contact them,I have been trying to re-new my UKARA for about 4 weeks.and any message/e-mail gets ignored. Last thing I heard was a new one is in the post.That was over 3 weeks ago.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

billybob9351 Find out more about billybob9351
                  Working...
                  X