Cheap but good radio for airsoft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap but good radio for airsoft

Hi guys, can anyone reccomend a good radio for airsoft that can take either a standard mic or throat mic with ear so it works under full face gear?

It doesn't have to be Gucci but obviously 446 compatable or whatever the standard is.

Thanks for your advice

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Re: Cheap but good radio for airsoft

I and several people I know use Cobra Microtalk radios. They're small but functional, and you can get a variety of headset-pieces, which take a pin like this

http://www.soldierstuff.co.uk/produc...oducts_id=3763

(the existence of such product means you can attach bowman headpieces etc to it.)

Comment

Ahhh that looks cool, so i could get the authentic headset look without the authentic bowman weight

Comment

motorola gp68 from ebay - 35 quid

top notch kit that my team uses

Comment

Can you get accessories for the GP68? Like a throat mic or similar?

Comment

Also, do you need a liscense with the GP one? Or does no one bother?

Comment

You get a few different versions on the gp68 models, as long as you get the PMR frequency model you are fine. Can't remember the freq range of the top of my head but there's a section on that "other" forum under Team CSP

Comment

Motorola do tend to be well made, so if you can get one you like and can afford then I'd advise that.

I know for certain you can buy a throat mic for the Cobra, I bought one. Thing is it wasn't size-adjustable and didn't fit round my neck. It was only after I'd swapped it with a mate for an earpiece/clip-on set that somebody told me I could wear it sideways (with the receiver actually on my larynx) and it would work that way.

Comment

Modified Intek MT5050s are really the only way to go unless you decide to get something like a Puxing. They're the only PMR radios I haven't had utterly horrible range and transmission quality with.

Comment

Ive just ordered a pack of Cobra MT975's. At £45, the features and reviews seem pretty good.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rich83 I am a mole and I live in a hole. Find out more about Rich83
                    Working...
                    X