Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

G&G EBR or G&P EBR body kit on a TM base?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G EBR or G&P EBR body kit on a TM base?

As the title says, given the choice between these 2 rifles, which one should I choose and why?

While I understand the G&G comes with a high torque motor, metal gearbox internals and a few other nice little extras, the TM base is appealing. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of the above info.

Many thanks

Re: G&G EBR or G&P EBR body kit on a TM base?

best thing is to ask fenriz mate he has the EBR by TM and G&P he will be able to give you a better look at it all.
    If you ever need any weightlifting, protein or gym advice let me know.

Comment

I can't comment on the EBR, but I've got the G&G Veteran wood stocked M14 set up as a DMR. The internals are all pre-upgraded and it's running at an average 423fps.

I went for the G&G as I wanted as much metal as possible and a genuine wood stock, while also being able to handle the higher fps without any further mods. What I didn't expect was just how solid it is. I managed to trip over a rock, at the weekender, and face planted onto it in a ditch. I rolled over fully expecting something to have broken (15 stone of Robin landing on something from a height will do that to most things), but couldn't see any visible damage. Very shortly after I got a kill at about 40m with my first shot, so nothing can have been bent or knocked out of place.

Plus, it looks the dog's!

Highly recommended.
      sigpic

Comment

If you can wait until next week i can give you and opinion on both,

I recently had a G&G short EBR but after finding that the incorrect flash hider cannot be changed i got rid and am currently awaiting delivery of a G&P one.

That said the G&G was very very well made and seemed to shoot well, although i only fired about 20 bb's out of it.

Inserting a mag into the G&G was an absolute pain, if you didnt do it at exactly the right angle it wouldnt lock into place, although this may be an issue with the M14's design rather than the replica.
        TM/G&P MK14 Mod 0, G&P SR16 URX Shorty, TM Glock 18c GBB, DE L128A1

Comment

Originally posted by middo85 View Post
          Inserting a mag into the G&G was an absolute pain, if you didnt do it at exactly the right angle it wouldnt lock into place, although this may be an issue with the M14's design rather than the replica.
          It's a known issue with all the M14s due to the position of the mag catch. I thought it was just me till one of the marshalls commented on it a couple of games ago. In reality, though, once you've done it a few times it gets easier().
          sigpic

Comment

I'd say the G&P kit was going to be of higher quality than the G&G EBR, but then the M14 inside of most G&P kits is going to be largely upgraded, there's not a lot of Marui left at all.

Essentially though, the EBR is incredibly heavy and running it as an "assault rifle" (like may would a standard M14) would be a pain in the ass, plus seeing somebody fire an M14, let alone an EBR, on full auto turns my stomach.

Basically, do you have plans to upgrade the gun to DMR/Semi-sniper spec? If so, get a loan and go for the G&P EBR kit... It might be cheaper to buy the parts to create the gun separately, since you'll be using very little of the original gun... Unless of course you can get a donor gun at a decent second hand price, even if it does have mechanical issues...

If you plan on using it at 300-350fps the G&G may well be a viable option... But an EBR will probably do your head in to use as an assault rifle type gun...

Comment

Yeah Robin i had heard that it was an issue with all M14's,

To be honest i really wanted a G&P one in the first place and as nice as the G&G one was it didnt feel like id made the right choice, plus the flash hider issue so i sent it back.

Comment

yup i have a tm m14, and while i can say the tm is generaly better, the costs you will spent on it to get it as a ebr are ott, and with the mag catch, the springs dont seem to last long so you have to lock it in place on your own.

Comment

The weight doesn't bother me after owning a WE M14 GBB and skirmishing with it (without a sling). there's not many heavier guns out there I wouldn't of thought.

I would like to keep it at 350fps I think - mainly because there is a 30m minimum engagement distance for anything higher at my local site and I don't have a side arm. But I would still want to fill a dmr role.

You hear of TM "out ranging most guns" at stock which is why I asked

Comment

I have a g&g m14 "normal" and as Robin has said, Its solid as hell! Can't see why their EBR would be any different, slap a tightbore in it and you'll have a nice dmr with great accuracy and range (my m14 is firing sub 300fps and still ranges snipers with their vsr's due to the hop and prommy tightbore).
                    sigpic
                    Mercs Boss
                    Armoury:
                    ICS MP5A4 w/ Lighted Forend \ G&P XM177E2 w/M203 \ ZM Weapons Original LR300 \ TM MP7A1 \ TM M1911A1 \ TM P226R

Comment

What's a good price to pay for a second hand one that is "nearly new"? (G&G EBR M14)

Comment

Ive now got my new EBR from a deal on here, it was sold as a G&P but its actually a TM Socom with the G&P kit (bonus).

The externals of the G&P and G&G are both excellent, with nothing really to pick one over the other.

The G&G has solid stock tubes, which is much better as the G&P are hollow and not as strong but the G&P has the excellent fibre optic element in the front sight so take your pick which you prefer.

The mag problem i mentioned in my previous post doesnt seem to be a problem with the TM/G&P.

Havent been able to fire my new one as its wired for deans and all my batteries have tamiya connectors.

Comment

Would be my ideal scenario tbh middo - ideally I'm after a long version I think, recently let one slip away because I wasn't decisive enough - probably the one you bought lol.

How about classic army? How do they stack up against g&p, g&g and TM? More specifically a CA M14 EBR match.

Comment

i used to own a TM/G&P M14 EBR and i currently have the G&G EBR. i would honestly go for the G&G. its stock performance is fantastic and the build quality is amazing, its so solid. the mag problem is also less hassle then the TM. if you do go the TM/G&P route i'd upgrade the TM gears, mine were shredded by the G&P m120 and an 8.4v battery in less than 1k rounds

Comment

This is my fear, I hear horror stories of gears stripping and motors burning out on various brands which makes me hesitant at looking at any brand that isn't TM.

However I started looking at classic army, how do they shape up? The CA M14 EBR Match more specifically.

The main thing putting me off is the review on ev*ke. I'm 99% sure it is bogus and fake as the grammar is wrong and it recommends the kart over the classic army.

I don't care about the weight - it's CNC steel not pot metal. I'd rather lug about a tank if it's indestructible.

Anyone owned the CA EBR? Or can rate it?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Karnus Find out more about Karnus
                              Working...
                              X