Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick advice needed

Hi everyone,

So I'm trying to order from a big retailer in Hong Kong and today they emailed asking for a scan of my UKARA membership form or membership card before they will send the gun.

I'm site registered but not UKARA, just never got round to it, but will that be enough for this retailer ? Obviously we all know that a person only needs site membership to own a RIF, but I don't really want to get into that debate over email with said retailer, so is there anying I can send them that will satisfy them ?

Thanks people's, FL.
    It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

The elderly. They seem nice enough, but can they really be trusted ?

Re: Quick advice needed

You need to be on the UKARA database I'm afraid. It's the only way to get it through customs if its stopped.

You have to be UKARA registered to buy from any retailer.
    sigpic

LIFE is FUBAR

Comment

Originally posted by wozza View Post
      You need to be on the UKARA database I'm afraid. It's the only way to get it through customs if its stopped.

You have to be UKARA registered to buy from any retailer.
      Here we go again!!!!!

You DO NOT need to be UKARA registered. This is a retailer's scheme and it is not compulsory. It is the retailer's own choice if they want to contact your site to prove you are a regular player.

For importing, the same applies. UKBA can contact your site, if you make things easy enough for them. Ask the retailer to enclose full details of your site membership and their contact detials. It's your risk, but as long as the retailer knows you aren't going to be claiming from them if it's seized then they should still send it.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks Robin, it just annoys me a little as I bought from a different retailer based in HK a couple of weeks ago and they didn't even ask for anything like this and I had no problems at all. I've never had a problem with stuff coming through customs

I appreciate that the retailer might be looking out for themselves, as you say they want to do everything to make sure I dont try and blame them, but it just feels a bit like I'm being asked to provide something I dont need because they dont understand the ins and outs of the whole situation in our law.

Now when I try to explain this to them, I dont want to sound like I'm trying to con them.
        It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

Comment

If it was me, I'd just send them an email saying that I took full reponsibility for UK customs.

Ask them to put your site details in there and you should be OK. Even if they don't, UKBA DO NOT destroy imports as soon as they arrive. They will contact you and ask you to prove that you have a valid defence and they've acknowledged in the past that site membership is acceptable.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks Robin, I just put down all the relevant info in a doc to be printed out, so customs can contact me, my site and the person that signed me on as a member all those years ago

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Four Leaf Find out more about Four Leaf
            Working...
            X