spraying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spraying

hey i was just wondering i f you could spray a gun came as i am new and dont like the bright green on my l96 or mp5 thanks

Re: spraying

You cant unless youve got UKARA or VCRA, its considered as manufacturing a RIF.

Comment

I wouldn't if I were you. If the police were searching your house for whatever reason, or you were pulled over for speeding and you had a RIF (Realistic Imitation Firearm) in the back of your car, you'd be screwed :P

Comment

If you want to be more tactical use cut up scrim nets and tie raps. Just put them on for the site and take off before you leave. Some sites won't allow two tones unless covered.

This allows you to be tactical without breaking the law.

Which I have to say most kids in airsofting don't seem to care about the law these days. Nothing like crying like a baby and wetting yourself staring down the barrell of a real MP5and a firearms offence on your record at 13!

I personally have no respect for the law breakers because airsoft will be banned because of these people.

Comment

Yeah that's what I do, since I'm only 13. I wouldn't reccomend putting the camo tape or whatever on before you travel to the site though, as if, in the unlikely event you get pulled over for speeding, I'm not sure a policeman would be too happy with you carrying around a RIF without UKARA membership (which you can't get if you're under 18). Just throw it on at the site and then take it off before you leave.

Comment

some guys said i could use tap can i use that

Comment

If you want to tape/untape it at every skirmish.... yes.

Comment

yeah can get dpm webtex tape from most army surplus's. failing that, you can use black duct tape.

my friend whose alot younger than me and hence cannot own an RIF has a krylonned mp5, however, he has the luxuary of his dad playing airsoft so effectively the gun belongs to his father, he just plays with it.
                Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 10 September, 2009, 18:59. Reason: not allowed to mention such things

Comment

The only issue with tape is the residue it leaves.

Ghillie it up

Comment

camo tape doesn't leave residue, it sticks to itself. It's weird :P

Comment

theres a thread on here somewhere, cba to quote it that has some of the VCRA on it, and basically there is no age at which to spray it to become a r.i.f, basically down to the wording of the bill iirc, and it doesnt count as manufacturing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ells View Post
                        theres a thread on here somewhere, cba to quote it that has some of the VCRA on it, and basically there is no age at which to spray it to become a r.i.f, basically down to the wording of the bill iirc, and it doesnt count as manufacturing.
                        site owner of my local site says you can only put camo tape on it if your under 18, cant spray it. Could just be him, though

Comment

Nope, anyone can manufacture a rif but you have to be 18 to sell it and the buyer has to have UKARA. But UKARA is only something that proves you are a skirmisher if you can prove you are a skirmisher (a receipt from a site for example) that is proof you are a skirmisher.

Comment

No...

It's illegal to manafacture a RIF...

and you have to proof you are a regular skirmisher.

Comment

Surpising that only a few people know the actual regulations?

You cant turn an IF into an RIF - To buy you must have a UKRA Licence and be over 18 - IF over 18 no licence.

If you join a junior memebrship this will cover you under the UKRA defense - you cant buy RIFs but you are allowed to manufacture - RIF into IF.

"Hey Ho, Its easy Let It Go, Nothing Before Was Real"

"Eels up inside ya', Findin' an entrance where they can"

"Stay Back, I Know WING CHUN"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

alexthekid Find out more about alexthekid
                              Working...
                              X