a new rifle, a new project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a new rifle, a new project

hey guys, seeing as i missed the weekender this year (damn you mathew st festival) i have decided its time to trade in my VSR for something different.

After seeing a few of the lads at my site start looking into buying a Vsr and upgrading it like mine i have decided for a change (I have to be different)

this is where i need the help, i still want to stick to the entire dmr/sniper role as shooting a 200 round mag down the field just isnt for me. After a long debate with my younger brother we have both decided a m14 would be better suited to me rather than a m16/s25 base rifle.

this is where you guys can help me out, as i have no expierence with the m14 gun and have no clue on what should be done to make the most out of both my wallet and the gun i choose to buy.

i see i have a few options,
    a) buy the m14 new along with all the parts and upgrade it completly myself to ensure the gun to my own liking.
    b)buy a second hand m14 and upgrade with parts bought new or
    c) buy a second hand upgraded gun and tweak so its to my own desire.

the only problem is i dont know which make is best to buy and what internals would suit each model correctly.

i know this is a sort of long thread and any help is greatly appreciated.

PS budget wise im not restricted as i want this gun for the next weekender, so i have a year to get it up and running and i will not part with my vsr until this gun is sorted.

please no sales aswell as i currently have no money to start buying item
    cheers
    james
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far
    -Tony Stark
    sigpic

Re: a new rifle, a new project

Yo!
    Me and my bro had this very same idea after going to our local site and seeing what one of the marshalls had to make cheaters call their hits. However we opted on the M16 DMR. Ultimatly its very hard to ever find an AEG to your exact spec unless its a stock model. I advertised for broken/damaged M16/4 AEG's and raped the Spare parts for sale to try and find all the parts I needed. The most important part for that high FPS is a reinforced gearbox..... after that the barrell, hop-up, high torque motor, spring and HT gears are all debatable. it will be a tad easier for you to base your AEG on an M16 platform due to the wide flavour of parts available. Second hand stuff is great for a cheap build. Give it a camo job at the end to finish it off and no one will tell. It took me a while to come round to camo as iv always enjoyed my AEG's to have that outta the box look but now used and abused is a good look to go for in my opinion.
    Hope this helps dude. I had no advise to read on this (cba to look really) but i got there in the end :D

Comment

As for the make I'v heard Marui M14's are outstanding out of the box.

Another gun that would make a unique dmr IMO would be a nice SL9 but ares have stopped making them and i have no idea how rare conversion kits are.

Just for those who dont know of an SL9..

capable of full auto and compatible with g36 mags.
      Last edited by omnomnom; 2 September, 2011, 10:14.

Comment

You want to be different?

So why are you going down the M14 route?
        Unless you get a working KART then nothing will be different.

Have you just thought about making a completely different gun into a dmr?

I mean, i had a G36 DMR for a while and absolutely loved it.

I have seen a few AUG DMRs in my time, and althoough i dislike the AUG i could appreciate it.

I'm just saying, why be subject to the constraints of a 'Normal' dmr rifle?
        Signature Removed

Comment

G&P have a good M14 with DMR stock for $300 on a certain hobby site in HK

If you get that, Install a TM rubber (Debatable by some so don't get your knickers in a twist)

Give it time to bed in and see how that does, Also TM is great out of the box
          Hate.
          "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

the only reason iv decided to use the m16/m14 because of the ease of finding the parts compared to other guns. Seeing as i myself wont be doing the upgrading but rather a techy at my site id rather use something he is familiar with. I also want the gun to look like a sniper rifle rather than a long barreled gun and a scope. Sorry if im being a pain, i always seem clueless when i post on here but i do have an idea of what i want.

out of curiousity, would you guys say the EBR conversion is worth the money? it looks awsome but its pretty pricey, again if iv made a mistake about this then im sorry (=p)

also, a slightly different question, according to me site, the limit to semi auto rifles is 430 ish fps on a single trigger pull with full auto deact. Could this mean i can install a mosfet or something of the sort to allow a 3 burst shot on the semi option?

cheers again
            james
            They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far
            -Tony Stark
            sigpic

Comment

No they mean that you are allowed 1 BB at 430 fps. ( I would think so anyway)

An Idea for you is to go on this website and play around with all the different guns, with attachements etc:

http://pimpmygun.doctornoob.com/app.php
              There's an M14, M14 EBR, M16, AUG, almost any mainstream ish gun you might want to look at. Also there is a wealth of Scopes, bipods, foregrips etc etc.

Comment

Tm m14's are probably the best stock, so all you really need to do is get a more powerfull spring, maybe an m130, and maybe a harder hop-up rubber. Or you can get the Guarder tune up kit for the m14, (think its the SP130), and although its 90 quid, it contains basically an entire gearbox except the shell. Also you should get a better airseal from this aswell as parts are the same and like made for each other. Other than that, maybe a bipod and scope. Promethius tbb. It would probably be best to get one second hand of here becuase it will usually have a TB in it already and be locked to semi with 450 maybe fps, so will be cheaper definately i think.

Comment

Not all sites allows aegs locked on semi to fire that high. Because in essence some people have quite a trigger finger and can shoot quite a few bbs out on semi.
                  TM is good, so buy brand new,

Cyma make good m14 as well. However the m14 are a pain in the arse to upgrade sue to the hassle in getting to the gearbox, Also the semi sometimes goes on them leaving them full auto instead.

Plus you have to dissemble the whole aeg just to get to the hop unit.
                  AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                  http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

I own a TM M14, in its stock form, its quite a formidable DMR/Counter Sniper.

Fantastic out of the box, with range I have not seen matched in stock form from anything other than my Ares M110.

And also the Ares M110, I bought one second hand from here, after a clean up, re wire and bolts tightened, its come out to be a very very good long range but low power AEG. Infact I prefer it over my M14 now. The only down side is finding mags

Cheers, Steve
                    My Armory:
                    ARES M110, ARES SVD-S

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DMC airsoft Find out more about DMC airsoft
                    Working...
                    X