need some help about a scope !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help about a scope !

bought a scope a couple of days ago, its a hawke hd sport 3-9x40 having a touch of trouble. i had it on my vsr which has had lots of upgrades and is useually acurate with no scope. how ever with this i look down the scope and cant even see the bb. it was fireing about 4m left and 5m belowo at 20m i managed to get rid of the elivation issues by taking off the rail and putting a washer at the stock end. I have then managed to push the scope to about a 1m left problem. im missing something for sure tho any ideas why this is doing it? other then being hopeless ! i have turned the two dials and fired it with it on full up and fully down on both nobs and it makes about a 5 inch change which isnt much when your allready a meter out? any advise or help

Re: need some help about a scope !

I'm not sure if this would effect it, but is the hop set so that the rifle is firing perfectly straight?

Comment

So youve ajusted all the dials and hop as much as possible? (hop to a degree where performance is best obviously)
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

You'll probably need to pack the scope mounts to raise it or adjust it's direction.

Comment

You could slightly raise the rear mount to give a very slight angle to the scope, however, this would affect your range using the gun obviously, you could do what i saw a kid do at the mall last sunday and just chuck a kingarms red dot on your vsr :/
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

ive got my hop up right :/ and its consistant but just off of the scope lense :/

Comment

Did you get the manual with it?

If not, you'd have missed that they tell you to manually adjust the scope position on the rail to get it roughly right, then just fine tune with the cross hairs.

Use shims to get it in the ballpark first and you'll find it nice and easy.
              sigpic

Comment

before you do any shimming or packing - wind each adjustment knob fully to one end and then fully back the other way while counting the clicks - by doing this on both knobs you will know how far to wind back to be (near as dammit) central within the scope tube - eg if its 320 clicks all the way then go back to center by going back 160 clicks - its a pain in the proverbial but may save you a lot of work

hope it helps

shev

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

simonob Find out more about simonob
                Working...
                X