GBBR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GBBR?

Ok I'm guessing this has been asked loads of times, but I cba to troll through 101 pages of posts to find it!

I love GBB pistols and Rifles! My question is this, say for instance I buy a GBBR M4 or L85 etc. how easy is it to get them to site limits? I know you can use NPAS kits but is that really all you need or do you need to keep swapping gas as well?

I have a RA-Tech M14 EBR on order which is going to be a DMR/Sniper rifle, so I know I can get the power to 450FPS with out having to change gas every time I want to use the gun!

But then it comes to lower FPS such as 328-350FPS, how easy is it to keep this constant?

Also are GBBR worth it? I love them due to they are so much more real then a AEG even the new TM recoil.

Again sorry if this has been asked already!

NPAS is all you need for between 200 and 500fps
    No gas changes needed.

GBBRs as with GBB pistols are not that consistant compared to AEGs.
    Something as simple as chronoing on a cold morning and then in the midday heat can easily give a 20fps increase in power. (said from personal experience) but as you will have a NPAS in any change in fps is no more than a 5min job.

In answer to the "is it worth it question".....HELL YEAH!!
    to the point i no longer have any AEGs

Comment

Re: GBBR?

NPAS is the easiest option, your nozzle may need modifying to get it to a workable fps level.

Only problem with the NPAS is I have found it creates inconsistency.
      Stock valve you are looking at a +/- 6fps variance.
      NPAS I found a +/- 20fps variance in some shots.

Comment

also are you going to be able to use your m14 as a dmr doesn't it have full auto, if it does then your going to have to make it semi auto

Comment

the M14 has semi auto as well so ya its all good Ok so im defo going to GBBR

Comment

Are GBBR's more reliable these days then??

I mean, when I used to play a couple of chaps used them (WE one's IIRC), they were really nice to fire etc but were as reliable as a forgetful plumber that has a broken watch...
            Originally posted by The Laughing Man
            Millzy I honestly only just noticed that your avatar blinks. I thought I was having a hallucination for a second..

Anyway. Boobs.

Comment

Originally posted by tristan View Post
              the M14 has semi auto as well so ya its all good Ok so im defo going to GBBR
              i would have though that to use it at that fps then it would have to be locked to semi only, just check with your local site before you use it

Comment

Originally posted by Millzy View Post

I mean, when I used to play a couple of chaps used them (WE one's IIRC), they were really nice to fire etc but were as reliable as a forgetful plumber that has a broken watch...
                With the right choice CNC upgrade parts the WE G39 has to be pretty much bomb proof.
                My L85 is going to need a steel bolt in the near future as the pot metal original is closing up the guide rod holes more and more, but apart from that and a couple of out of the box niggles hasnt skipped a beat.
                As i said earlier although i only have the L85 at the moment i dont have a single AEG either thats how much faith i have in my L85
                Out to get myself another G39 for over the winter soon

Comment

Originally posted by Millzy View Post

The closed bolt ones were quite frankly sh*t in comparison to the open bolt ones today.

Comment

Originally posted by cornishpotshot View Post
                    The closed bolt ones were quite frankly sh*t in comparison to the open bolt ones today.
                    what difference does the open bolt make aside from having the bolt open?

Comment

Originally posted by V.A.K View Post
                      what difference does the open bolt make aside from having the bolt open?
                      It isn't open bolt in RS terms - The meaning has changed in translation, and should actually be open chamber.

They use a vsr style hop that actually works, you can dump a mag on full auto, blowback is more crisp - basically life is a lot better.

Comment

Simple answer, cut the crap and dive in . Once you've gone Gbbr you will never look back. Reliability wise, they are fine, just maintain but you will need to adjust your game play. It's not an AEG so no more high caps and spraying, but that all adds to the fun. Check out my gats that should be enough to convert you !
                        The nomad only goes from point to point as a consequence and as a factual necessity: in principle, points for him are relays along a trajectory.” (Nomadology: The War Machine)

Comment

Well, I got so fed up with AEG's I wanted something that is different and is more real! So a GBBR is the way to go, in my eyes! I can't wait to get this M14 its going to be mint!

As to locking it to Semi only, I don't believe you have but I can do if need be, its not hard

Comment

I've stopped looking at AEG's almost entirely now and replaced all but one of my armoury with gas counterparts.
                            My M14 is the only AEG I have, purely because it was my first airsoft rifle (and WE M14's are too much!) but even so I'm considering getting a WE M14 in the future.

It's worth it IMO, consistency < Recoil

Comment

Ya, I really want to replace my M4 with a GBBR but don't which one to get! Open bolts perform better from what I hear. But there aren't many M4 open bolts out there! so is it G&P WOC X or a RA-Tech WE M4? Or should I even go for something different Scar etc.?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tristan I love music and play the drums! Airsoft is my main hobby! I love it and im a GBBR freak! Find out more about tristan
                              Working...
                              X