This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is cybergun?

Ok, I am really confused, what is cybergun? To be honest, I don't know what people mean by "a rebrander". Does that just mean they make clones?

Because the thing is, I want to buy a cyma ak47 (I'm not quite sure what model it is, but it usually costs about £125.), but I can't find a place that will two tone spray it (since I am not old enough to get a UKARA.) then I finally found a place with an AK very similar, by cybergun. And at other places I have seen this exact same gun, and in the title it is called a "cyma/ cybergun ak47". So is this a clone, or is it the exact same gun???

Re: What is cybergun?

Cyber gun is a company that has the legal license to use trademarks ie Colt and Tompson.

Like Umarex has the licence for all thing german like Heckler and Koch and walther.

The guns aren't really any different build quality wise ie. an Ares cyber gun M4 is the same as an Ares M4 but it cyber gun has the Colt body.
    You do pay a little more for them as the company has to buy the licence to legaly use the trademarks.

Comment

yeah there basically a middle man that bumps the price of airsoft up for there own profit while passing no benefits onto the customer, they don't manufacture anything.

Comment

Ah, that's clears alot up thanks for the help

Comment

From what Ive been told part ofthe reason is that its easier to get around lead content levels etc if the company is european based, hence shipping from china manuctures to european for re branding. I don't know how true this is though I would have expected european comapnies to have the same restrictions as china imports rather than less.

Comment

lead content if there was alot of lead in chinasoft then we would hear stories of lead poisoning it doesn't take alot of lead to poison you since its such a heavy metal

Comment

Originally posted by V.A.K View Post
              lead content if there was alot of lead in chinasoft then we would hear stories of lead poisoning it doesn't take alot of lead to poison you since its such a heavy metal
              in the form of airsoft gun parts it would take forever!
              Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

They lead content is rather small to start off with in pot metal, even solder is now lead free, but content inthe soldering of wiring could result in ce approval failure from what I understand. The lead etc doesn't necessarily have to be in areas that the user has contact with.
                Lead poisioning in small levels doesn't affect too noticably. Given cars in the 80's ran on leaded petrol. It wasn't all that lon ago that wargaming minatures were lead based. Ingesting lead isn't to clever mind.
                Last edited by Skolob; 3 September, 2011, 00:49. Reason: Im shite at typing on an ipad

Comment

Originally posted by ShooterSam540 View Post
                  I want to buy a cyma ak47 (I'm not quite sure what model it is, but it usually costs about £125.), but I can't find a place that will two tone spray it (since I am not old enough to get a UKARA.)
                  If you're not old enough to be on the UKARA database, then surely you're not old enough to buy an IF/RIF?

NB- I am not accusing said person of trying to buy IF/RIFs underage, I am just asking a question

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
                  Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

i believe his parents can buy a two tone for him
                    Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Yeah I am not personally buying it, but its my money

Comment

Originally posted by ShooterSam540 View Post
                        Yeah I am not personally buying it, but its my money
                        Then you're breaking the law mate.

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
                        Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

He's not undermining the imitation act at all, he is entitled to have an airsoft weapon to be two-tone if the weapon itself is purchased by a legal guardian or parent to be over the age of 18.
                          AK74/47 Parts always wanted!

Comment

Originally posted by roshyroovajihi View Post
                            He's not undermining the imitation act at all, he is entitled to have an airsoft weapon to be two-tone if the weapon itself is purchased by a legal guardian or parent to be over the age of 18.
                            He is breaking the law as he said its HIS
                            money.

Comment

Originally posted by roshyroovajihi View Post
                              Not if, as the OP states, they are giving their parent/guardian the money. That is illegal.

Ninja'd....thanks Mack.
                              There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ShooterSam540 I play airsoft, go to a shooting club, play video games, and go to Army Cadets. Rayleigh Detachment Royal Artillery Army Cadet Force ftw!!!!! Find out more about ShooterSam540
                              Working...
                              X