Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUG DMR

hey all
    i was thinking about making a AUG DMR for urban, but then good enough so it can be used for woodland too.
    i'm really not a techy guy so i thought i'll ask you lot about what i will need, be warned there is going to be alot off questions, also it will be locked to semi
    Has anyone done this before?
    What make and model AUG should i start with?
    What parts should i be replaced in the gearbox to make it more effective?
    ect, basically i want it to look like this

all help gratfully accepected
    many thanks
    Originally posted by BALBOSA
    yeah thats what i was talking about my tactical warfare official gay card
    Team: Treadstone
    Armoury: AK-47, M4, L96, MEU

Re: AUG DMR

If you start with a JG Aug A3, perform the usual basic tweaks to tunes the gearbox and then throw in you're usual accuracy upgrades you should be pretty much sorted.

Comment

you make it sound simple there :P
      thanks for the help

Comment

It is simple, . if you get stuck or need help send me a message im always here to help!.

Comment

to make it into DMR I would say: Mosfet for single shot and increase trigger response, highest voltage lipo you are happy to use (and will fit), Tbb, Firefly hard rubber, spring to put you close to 400fps (I guess locked to semi are allowed to 400 at your local?) use .3g bb's. May need a High Torque motor but doubt it, erm Wire to deans think thats all. Oh I think that bipod will need to go closer to the muzzle

Also this should really go in the Tech section

Comment

ahh sorry wrong section, Mods please feel free to move to tech section

so not that much needed then to make it into a effective DMR platform then.
            also does anyone know how easy it is to replace the barrels on AUG's as i know the A3 has ris but the barrel is that long, and what barrels will fit?

thanks for the info so far guys

Comment

Literally answered 3 different threads about this today, basically, start with a JG Aug maybe, as they are cheap and externally quite good and have a high fps anyway. Get a 7.4v lipo and wire the gun to deans, then in the gearbox, put in metal bushings, an element piston head with bearings, sorbo pads on the piston head to correct AOE and dampen the sound. Metal bearing spring guide, and shim your gb to perfection. Then maybe a guarder improved bucking, and deepfire 6.02 barrel, and then some 0.3g bb's. Sounds alot but shouldnt cozt you more than 60-70 quid for the upgrades and maybe 130 for the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by neokia View Post
                so not that much needed then to make it into a effective DMR platform then.
                also does anyone know how easy it is to replace the barrels on AUG's as i know the A3 has ris but the barrel is that long, and what barrels will fit?

thanks for the info so far guys
                Not too much needed but quite a lot of time and effort modding to get the FULL out of the gun, I just stated the bare minimum (personal preference). What barrel you wanting to change? Inner is simple just any that is long enough, Outer I have no idea. Barrel extender maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by laurence View Post
                  Literally answered 3 different threads about this today, basically, start with a JG Aug maybe, as they are cheap and externally quite good and have a high fps anyway. Get a 7.4v lipo and wire the gun to deans, then in the gearbox, put in metal bushings, an element piston head with bearings, sorbo pads on the piston head to correct AOE and dampen the sound. Metal bearing spring guide, and shim your gb to perfection. Then maybe a guarder improved bucking, and deepfire 6.02 barrel, and then some 0.3g bb's. Sounds alot but shouldnt cozt you more than 60-70 quid for the upgrades and maybe 130 for the gun.
                  Not sure I agree everything you have said, JG have been made to run at up to 400 as half the time they come around that fps so the gearbox changes are not necessarily needed, yes when they break replace them but not needed right now.
                  Why use a 7.4? what benefit has it got over 11.1 or even a 14.8?

Comment

yer it was the outer barrel that i was looking at changing but maybe a fake surppreser over the inner barrel will do just fine

Comment

would do fine, although it will all be cosmetic, you don't need a longer barrel

Comment

Well then forget the element piston but everything else i would go for, but shimming and Correcting the AOE are improtant as you want the gb to run as smoothly as possible. I purely out 7.4 as you only have enough space in an aug battery compartment for a mini 8.4 and a 7.4 is the right size roughly, also, you will still get a good triger response from it, and if he uses a 7.4, he doesnt really need a mosfet. Anyway, thats what id do.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

neokia Find out more about neokia
                        Working...
                        X