Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions on Tm l96 aws?

hi guys n gals,

thinking of getting one of these but want to know peoples opinions on them any experiences stuff to look out for?
    sigpic

Re: opinions on Tm l96 aws?

The loading fin is fragile so could break and almost if not completely impossible to replace.

Comment

ok, anything else to look out for?
      sigpic

Comment

As long as your not a brute with the loading mech its a fantastic sniper platform and if upgraded in the right way with enough care it will out perform a vsr, but is a lot heavier.

Whatever you get will be fairly useless unless you upgrade it and whatever you get, if you upgrade it, it will be good.

So just get what you want.
        sigpic

Comment

I agree with JDMO, I have had a TM l96 since it's release and since have upgraded it to 450 fps. As I have taken good care of it the loading fin hasn't broken yet and if it does a certain supporter of fire stocks replacements.
          sigpic

Comment

team mate of mine picked one up at the weekender for £140, after about 200 rounds, on .25's he was very happy with it stock. he'll be spending about the same again on internal parts, alot of laylax planned i think, but yeah, good guns out of the box
            'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Comment

yeah, i was thinking of getting it to 450fps. yeah laylax is what i was looking at. when you say the loading fin is that to do with putting the magazine in the weapon. oh and weight isn't an issue, my previous sr25 was 5.8 kilos
              Last edited by chris_taylor; 4 September, 2011, 15:35. Reason: wasn't finished, pressed the button to early
              sigpic

Comment

You should also consider PDI when upgrading because recently they have been as good as if not better than laylax.

Comment

are they not more expensive though?
                  sigpic

Comment

The loading fin takes the round from the magazine onto the loading excalator.
                    As far as I'm aware Laylax is the only company making TM l96 upgrades at the moment.
                    sigpic

Comment

oh right, ok. sounds good to me
                      sigpic

Comment

I would say go for it if you want a great preforming L96, but if you want to upgrade with a large selection of upgrade parts get a vsr.
                        sigpic

Comment

i wouldnt want to spend more than 200 on upgrades to get it to 400-450fps. thats alright for the l96?
                          Last edited by chris_taylor; 4 September, 2011, 16:29. Reason: typo
                          sigpic

Comment

yep you could do it for less than 200 quid
                            sigpic

Comment

I know for a fact that you can get PDI TM l96 upgrade parts and if you want a link i will send it to you. they seem to be of very high quality but obviously comes at a price.

Oli

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chris_taylor me, a handsome chap :D Find out more about chris_taylor
                              Working...
                              X