Questions about my first gun I'm gunna order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about my first gun I'm gunna order

Ok, first don't flame me just cause I'm new.
    I am thinking of getting a JG G3 SG1 as my first gun. I wanna get this cause it's cheap (well for an airsoft rifle), comes with a bipod and it looks awesome! But I have some questions I need the answers to first, so I would be grateful to anyone who can help me out.
    1: Could I mount a red dot sight on it?
    2: It says that it comes with a battery then it has a picture of the battery type and then says required (Not included), but it says this on most guns so do I need to buy a battery or does it come with one?
    3: what type of BB's does it take?
    Thanks again to anyone that helps!
    I love the smell of BBs in the morning, smells like...airsofting!

Re: Questions about my first gun I'm gunna order

1:Not directly on it's own
    You will need to invest in a rail mount to put it on, providing the dot sight comes with a ring, I'd advise the low profile TM G3/MP5 mount as they look by far the best.

2: Most guns you will need to buy a battery, G3 SG1 take tamiya type large 8.4 batteries. It Should come in 2 rows of 3 then one sideways at the end.

3: My advice is use 0.25g 6mm BBs. They may not fly as fast but you will be able to hit people from a further distance. If you can source them, get KSC Perfects.

Failing that, get The ZeroOne BB's they're pretty good and cheap.

Other advice, if you're getting into airsoft and you aren't a tall chap, consider something a bit shorter the G3 SG1 is a bit of a hefalump though bloody accurate.

And you may like the idea of the bipod, but by past experience it will probably loosen and fall off within a few skirmishes
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

i had the SG1 as my first gun
      it is more suited to woodland.
      but makes a excellent support weapon due to 1200RPM
      trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Originally posted by HunterAndy View Post
        Other advice, if you're getting into airsoft and you aren't a tall chap, consider something a bit shorter the G3 SG1 is a bit of a hefalump though bloody accurate.
        Thanks man thats a real help. Regarding the above quote I'm not very tall so my other choice was the JG G36C if you or anybody else wants to way in on that...

Comment

the g36c is a very good gun and you wont hear many bad points for the jg version especially at around 110 quid
          m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

what I need to know now is what battery and bbs go in the JG G36C

Comment

J36c's use a mini battery. One will come with the rifle though these should be replaced after time, same with the charger. Good quality .2's, .23's or .25's. KSC and Blaster .25's are very good for the price

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
                J36c's use a mini battery. One will come with the rifle though these should be replaced after time, same with the charger. Good quality .2's, .23's or .25's. KSC and Blaster .25's are very good for the price
                Thanks man

Comment

Will the JG G36C be good for woodland or not?

Comment

The g36c is fine for woodland, but if you want something a tad more accurate get the g3 instead, very high rate of fire and very accurate. That one comes with a decent battery too.

Comment

the rate of fire is ok on the g3, it isnt brilliant as people are suggesting.
                      i'd suggest investing in a better battery as well, as both the g3 and g36c come with a crappy 8.4v 1100Mah battery
                      Originally posted by fijitstiks
                      they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
                      Originally posted by N3ADS
                      Is this you talking from experience ?..
                      Originally posted by fijitstiks
                      i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

Originally posted by reflexsnipe View Post
                        The g36c is fine for woodland, but if you want something a tad more accurate get the g3 instead, very high rate of fire and very accurate. That one comes with a decent battery too.
                        I would but costs more and I'm not really the right build for a g3 but thanks anyway

Comment

I've heard the G3's have horrible bodies and the mags are cr@p and wobble etc.

I've only heard good things about the JG G36C
                          Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

Well if you're after a gun to use at the UW sites, 350fps is a bit hot. You'll need to downgrade it :S

Comment

i have the 36E and the accuracy is unbelievable.
                              on the 20M indoor range a 10p sized grouping is standard.
                              trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lechimp89 Find out more about Lechimp89
                              Working...
                              X