Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which sniper rifle?

hi all,

Ive just started getting into airsoft and im looking to be a sniper, however im really stuck in choosing a rifle to use. Ive been looking around the net for about a week now looking at reviews, stats, comparing prices etc but i cant come to a conclusion so im asking you lot for some advice on whats the 'best' ( preferably gas) sniper rifle for around £250, if included in that price comes the bi-pod and/or scope thats great but not a must.

Thanks in advance

Stu

Re: which sniper rifle?

my advice actually search on this magical thing called google for "Airsoft gas sniper rifle reviews" and you might make up your own mind about which rifle you would like

i have a Tm vsr pro sniper rifle tuned to 500 fps on the nose and love it, not gas but then my rifle still works in winter.

any help ?

If Carlsberg made Airsoft teams..............They would still get raped by the G.Z.C.F

Comment

ok thanks for the help.... i wish i could show you my search history -.-

Comment

ok
        basically if your new to airsoft you dont wanna start off by being a sniper as it isnt at all what its like in movies or in games.

i suggest starting off with a long range rifle like a m16 or m14 and see if u like single shooting ppl from afar (i suggest these rifles for the length to get used to a sniper rifles length), also i myself personally would advise against gas rifles as again gas doesnt work very well during winter or cold days tho they have benefits of being stupidly quiet and adjustable fps when they do work.

my suggestions are if you must try sniper rifles
        Tm VSR pro sniper
        Tm VSR G-Spec
        MZN L96

Gas
        i hear the star AW338 is the daddy of the gas sniper rifle atm

If Carlsberg made Airsoft teams..............They would still get raped by the G.Z.C.F

Comment

Thats more like it!!! :P

i have been shooting almost all my life and have fired a huge range of small and full bores, primary rifles and sniper rifles so seeming im very acustom to these types of weapons i think i will go for them.

Thanks for the advice on the spring vs gas

i shall have a look at those guns.

What do you think of the

Well MB05 G-22 AWM APS-2 Airsoft Sniper Rifle
          Link Removed: Please read the forum rules

whats the difference between that one and the

Well MB04 G-22 AWM Airsoft Sniper Rifle

apart from the stock

or

Well L96 AWP Airsoft Sniper Rifle (warrior 1)

ive seen this around a lot
          Last edited by Rampage; 7 February, 2009, 02:22. Reason: Read the forum rules

Comment

from what i can see there all made by a clone company which means there a cheaper copy of a better version. I havent fired any of them so i cant really comment

as for what you've fired in RL that really doesnt come into airsoft AT ALL what you point the cross hairs at you'll rarly hit first time and takes ALOT of patience getting your gun and skill level up I.E the actual effective range of your gun and learning where to shoot when the winds blowing. etc.

when Dope gets on here he might point you in a better direction and give better advice

Comment

I think I would go with Jester's first suggestion on this one and dont start off by being a sniper as it is nothing like how you would imagine.

Fair enough you may of been shooting a while but does that mean you still have no idea on filed craft as 95% of being a good sniper in airsoft will be down to this imo.

Have you even played yet? If not then I would suggest renting an aeg for a few games and see how you get on.

Honest, you may think it will be differen't for you ect ect but probably half of all new players ask the exact same thing and those who do get a sniper often sell it pretty quick or get an AEG, just look at the for sale section and see the amount of people with low post counts selling snipers of some sort.

My feed back
              http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

Originally posted by Leon_London View Post

Fair enough you may of been shooting a while but does that mean you still have no idea on field craft as 95% of being a good sniper in airsoft will be down to this imo.
                not really a major point but does have merit

when i take my sniper rifle out i play as a DM.

long range gun that can hit ppl at long ranges, yet i still have a very good back up, either my m4a1, tm benelli m3 and/ or my p226 and team members

i still stick by my "dont get a sniper rifle as a first gun" as you def wont get the full enjoyment out of it

Comment

I really don't advise jumping into gas rifles straight away, when it comes to upgrading,
                  fixing etc.
                  you may find it frustrating compared to having a simpler spring sniper.
                  what i cant understand is, why do people all ways jump straight to gas, i think there's a mentality of "OMG gas that means it the best" that's what i keep hearing from people at college and then say AEG's are crap and springs.

Really think about it

Id really advise going for spring and i will not take into account of your live firing because i also do shooting and i have had troubles fixing airsoft guns over real steels.

Cheers
                  oh and don't spend too much to find that you will get dicked on for the first few times you play and then not enjoy the sniping experience.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

metalstorm Find out more about metalstorm
                  Working...
                  X