Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

340 on .20s....could I use .28s successfully for a DMR type gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 340 on .20s....could I use .28s successfully for a DMR type gun?

OK so I have my Ares M14 EBR. I want to use it as a DMR type weapon, which it should be. Its currently running 340 FPS with .20s. Could I use .28s for better accuracy and range, or would it simply not work effectively? Im only asking as I dont have any .28s. I have some .25s but I dont really see them setting me apart from other people, as many use .25s.

Also, what sort of range increase would I see with .28s?

Re: 340 on .20s....could I use .28s successfully for a DMR type gun?

i don't think you would get range you would get more consistent shots ie they would fly straighter, beacuse the added weight keeps them stable while travelling to your intended target

Comment

it wouldnt really increase the range just the accuracy, best advice myself can give you is get a tm hop and a tightbore barrel and stick with .25s as they seem to be one of the best combinations in my opinion

but there are a lot of others who could recommend things better than me

Comment

Pretty much ALL DMR's are just a fairly typical AEG which looks like a DMR.

It's about consistency/accuracy, of which the weight can be part of. But in general, the average DMR is as good as a normal M4 etc

Comment

YES

BUT... all hops take differently to heavier ammo. I only use .28 and .30 bbs in my aegs and have therefore tested heavy bb's in probably 25 different aegs. You will find that a gun shooting 345 on a .2 may shoot a .28 at approx 290-300fps. However the same gun may also end up shooting at 250 with the same weight. There does not seem to be any theory behind this as my current G&P m4 shoots at 275fps with a .30 but my last G&P would only shoot a .28 at 260fps even though they were both 340 with a .20. So try it!!!

Use the heaviest BB you can that allows you to shoot 270-280 fps at lowest and you'll be far more accurate than anyone shooting .20s! Its not that you get 20 meters extra range... its the fact that your BB is far more accurate at greater ranges.

Comment

Hmm ok.

I think Ill just hold out with .25s then and purchase a new hop up.

Only problem is, I cant find any aftermarket hop units for the M14! Only one Ive found is the TM one on Z1.

Does anyone know of any aftermarket hop units for M14s?
            Last edited by Nomad; 8 September, 2011, 23:48.

Comment

If your gun will fit the TM hop unit then thats the one you want. I have used .28 Guarders in a TM m14 and a G&G Soc16 and there awesome

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Nomad Find out more about Nomad
              Working...
              X