Gbb rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gbb rifles

im thinking of getting a gbb rifle. does anyone own one and have any tips on them?

ie decent makes, common probs etc.

and whats better the ones that require co2 cartridges or the green gas ones??

if anyone can shine some light for me i would apprciate it

Re: Gbb rifles

WE are ok rifles but require a bit of tweaking if your getting a gbb rifle then then get an ra tech that said the new tanio koba m4's by kj works are supposed to be quite good and if you have a large wallet them the inokatsu m4 2011 series are amazing! alsp regular maintainence as in lubing is essential and some form of npas kit to bring the fps down that said ra tech guns come with npas kits fitted, common problems are however incosistency due to the weather.

Comment

WE G39 is a good one to go for.

The older WE series AR variants are hit and miss. Their new open bolt ones are much better. The only readily available upgrades for WE are RA Tech and TSC.

On the other hand you have WA styled AR variants. And there is a plethora of upgrades for these. Including G&P, 5KU, RA Tech and loads more. The WA in the long term will cost far more than the WE however.

Comment

have they got a fully auto option or are they single shot only? how many rounds do the mags hold?

Comment

full auto with single shot also

Comment

I had an early WE M4 which was alright but not as reliable as an AEG. A friend has the WE G36 which is better. The mags are assembled differently making it easier to repair them vs the M4 type mags however you can't spray and pray with a GBB as they get cold when firing and this stops them functioning after a while. With my closed bolt M4 if I emptied four mags it was usually out of action for a while and this is true of the mags too as they get cold. This is true of both GBB gas and propane.

If you are a marksman and only use single shot then a GBB is probably a good choice as when you pull the trigger the bullet comes right out and the sound/construction is fantastic too so for realism I think they are better than simililary priced AEG's and the action is very realistic - they fire just like a real steel but replace use the gas pressure from the magazine to proppel the bullet and self load as opposed to the explosive in a real bullet.

All this said, I wouldn't reccomend a GBB for your first gun or your only gun due to the negatives I pointed out and personally I got rid of my GBB and got an AEG instead but I will at some point in the future get another to use as a sharpshooter rifle but I will take an AEG to the skirmish too simply becuase it'll be more reliable so...

I suggest that you either get an AEG or get both an AEG and a GBB. GBB's aren't the all rounders that AEG's are in my experience.

Comment

Personally I love GBBR better then aeg, it just like fire and working with a real fire arm. They can be a pain and it is a good idea to keep a cheap aeg such as a g&g CM as a back up.
              GBBR are more of a semi auto type of gun. I have a RA tech WE M14 EBR. well I don't have it yet, but should be here next week =)

Comment

The WE G39s are less affected by the cold due to them having plastic mags and construction so the cold "spreads" less.

Comment

I've had a GBB (by WE) and as a couple people pointed out also the weather will play a very large factor. In single shot they are awesome but full auto they can start slipping because of the freezing effect. They are however a lot of fun to use.

I can't recommend one as I've not had as much experience with them as I would like but I will say just have am AEG handy as a nice backup just in case (as someone above said). Also, just to add - you will find that the mags for them can also get expensive especially if you find you have an itchy trigger finger and want to buy a lot more mags so the cost of the mags will add on to whatever other upgrades and such you get (NPAS, etc).
                  Democracy: Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
                  Liberty: A well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

TM M4 CQB-R SOPMOD, WE M1911 SILVER x2, KJW MK1, KWA USP .45, KWA MP9 (soon)

Comment

I think pretty much everything has been said but my 2pence goes as follows:
                    G&P - well worth the money.
                    WA - might as well get the G&P equivilent.
                    Innokatsu - If i had a spare £1500 and didnt have ANYTHING else to spend money on
                    WE - worth the money once you upgrade

I havent played with a KJ works.

GBBR is entertaining but arent as flexible as AEGs regarding weather and environment.
                    I would still strongly suggest getting one if its only for novelty factor!
                    Kiran Payne
                    TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
                    Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S3V3R View Post
                      I would still strongly suggest getting one if its only for novelty factor!
                      I totally agree with this - unless you want a DMR (as everone has said - don't use full auto!) have a backup AEG.

Comment

I own a KJ Works Kc02 Ruger 10/22 and have used it in only a couple of skirmishes so far.
                        Its a completly differnet style of shooting. Mags hold far less (mine has a 24 round mag), and are expensive compared to lowcap AEG mags. You really have to pick your shots and be prepared to carry extra bb's and a bottle of gas with you in each game, loading and re-gassing in game can be difficult in woodland games especially.

Although that seems like a list of negatives, I love my GBB rifle, more mag changes make it feel more realistic and the low cap mags help you to better your accuracy and tactics in the long run. They also sound much better, and if you want silence then buying a silencer actually works unlike a AEG where a lot of noise comes from the motors. I think to use it as a primary all year round might be a little to much effot as AEG's make life easier at times.

If you don't already have a GBB pistols, get a cheap one and see how you get on in some CQB sites. Might give you an idea what to expect in a GBB rifle

Comment

I bought a WEG39 and its brilliant. £200 for rifle and mag you need more mags which are expensive at £35 a pop and a NPAS at £15. I've used a TM P90 for 7-8 years and this has completely replaced it! They are real caps ie 32 bb per mag, so quite frankly full auto is irrelevant as the crispness of the single shot with zero lag leads to rapid double taps.
                          It probably isn't good as a first gun, but its awesome fun.

Comment

I'm holding out for the KWA AK74su GBB's and ERG's...

I was completely sold by them when I saw the youtube vids of KWA demo'ing them.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

karlosroberto Find out more about karlosroberto
                            Working...
                            X