Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G CM16 Raider

Hiya,

Well I've not played in a while and when I did I hired guns, but with the idea of getting into it with my own guns, I'm seriously considering the G&G CM16 Raider.

I used the non-railed version as a hire gun and I was impressed with the feel, the usage and also the good price!

This would be my first gun, and I was wondering if anyone has anything to add in terms of known problems or issues, or anything else relevant.

I'd be going for this as opposed to the standard M4 to save hassle when mounting scopes and other bits.

£139.99 seems a good price!

BG

Re: G&G CM16 Raider

The people that own one say its brilliant, especially the price/quality
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

The CM16 was my first gun and I can tell you now that you wont regret it, for the price its excellent, brilliant starter gun as it's, cheap and has the power and range to impress the user :D

All i suggest is you work a few mags into it first as they have a tendancy to be slightly above the 350 FPS on most airsoft sites

Comment

Sounds good

Only think I have been thinking about is the RIS. After doing some digging it would transpire that it is plastic. Is this a big issue? I can pay the extra £30 and get the metal RIS and electric blowback but unsure if it is worth it.

Comment

Honestly, Plastic isn't such a big problem, ive had the CM16 for almost 6 months (I think anyway :D) and the body hasnt even been scratched, I prefer plastic as a few team mates have had M4 Sentries and the weight is a lot compared to the CM16

Comment

Sounds good

Comment

I have the electric blowback version, the GR16. Myself and all my team mates swear by G&G now. All of us use them. The blowback system on the G&G GR16 it brilliant. I mean 3 years down the line and it still does leave me with a smile when im in a fire fight as its such a good system.

If it was me i would pay the extra £30 and get the metal ris version though. because it is a rough game and having the metal on there instead of plastic just makes it that much more solid, secure and durable.

Unfortunatly mine (plastic body) has taken many beatings over the years and it is starting to tell (squeaking body, snapped pin hole.) The problem with plastic is that it's flexable. It's bends and twists.....and it just isn't as durable as one would like.
              sigpic
              BlackWing Mercenaries
              http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001675142920

Comment

Yeah, Great gun. But id go for the metal one. They are very light. My full metal GR16 R5 (m16a4 Ris) was only about 4kg! And the blowback is pneumatic so doesnt strain the gearbox. It also makes a really satisfying sound. You wont regret buying either.
                -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I would also recommend the metal ris one with the pneumatic blowback. GR15 Raider I think its called.

I have one and the motor died from new, replaced with a G&P M120 motor and its doing 335 fps with a rof of just over 15rps on an old 8.4 battery.

I am going to replace all the connectors with Deans and then run it on a 7.4v 1300mah 25c-40c Turnigy Nano stick lipo in the stock tube. Hopefully see a rof around 20rps then.:D

Comment

Its looking like I will be paying the extra for the metal RIS and blowback.

Although with the metal RIS in place, who knows what toys I will have to slap on it!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Big.Guns Find out more about Big.Guns
                    Working...
                    X