Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large OR small type battery?

I am about to buy a G&G GR16 R4, but i am stuck at the last detail:

If i get the Commando, it has the retractable stock and uses small type.

The standard type has a solid stock and uses the large type.

I am quite new to airsoft and this will be my first AEG, so i am looking for pointers on what i can expect the difference to be between the two, and any general advice you can give.

(I apologise if this is a tech question but i thought advice for new players seemed fitting)

Thankyou in advance.

Re: Large OR small type battery?

Generally speaking, smaller batteries tend not to last all day (max. capacity is usually no more than 1500 mAh), wheras with a big battery, you can get huge capacities (3100+ mAh).

Comment

The reason it uses the small type on the retractable version is because the battery is housed in the fore grip rather than on a fixed stock version where there is room for a larger battery in the stock - as for large or small battery it all depends on the mAh of the battery (I'm not a techie expert) but I would assume that its not the size of the battery that counts just the voltage and output ?

apologies if this is not totally correct (I did try :p )
      sigpic

You're funny....I'm Gonna Kill You Last
      Originally posted by Kagedwolf
      I suppose your catchphrase would be "HEIL HITLER!"?
      Originally posted by Major
      well i doubt it comes under any copyright infringement!

Comment

Thanks for the responses so basically, if i go small get 2?

Comment

Small and 2 sounds good pal, even if you manage some how to get a full day from 1 small one it's always good to have spare!

Comment

Originally posted by Joefuski View Post
            Small and 2 sounds good pal, even if you manage some how to get a full day from 1 small one it's always good to have spare!
            +1 Here ! Better to have one and not need it... :D
            sigpic

You're funny....I'm Gonna Kill You Last
            Originally posted by Kagedwolf
            I suppose your catchphrase would be "HEIL HITLER!"?
            Originally posted by Major
            well i doubt it comes under any copyright infringement!

Comment

Ok, thanks

Comment

Or if youre feeling adventurous PEQ it.
                -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Agreed, if you use small type you will need 2 to be on the safe side.

When I used to use old fashioned NiMH batteries that used small types, I would swap batteries in the lunch break and never ever had an issue.

Make sure you go for a decent battery like the Vapex or a brand like G&P. Don't go for cheap unbranded rubbish or Chinese batteries. They always suck.

Now I use Lipo batteries and don't worry about it, a stick Lipo is good for a full days airsofting (1300-1400mah rated) where as a NiMH of the same rating simply does not cut it.

I would stick with NiMH to begin with though, they are far more forgiving for newer players.

Comment

Capacity makes a huge difference with NiMH's the higher the cap the moor umph you have with the battery.

With LiPo, it doesn't make such a difference as you have a 'C' rating. The higher the C rating the faster the battery can be discharged, withough fear of overdoing it and generating heat. I have some quite small batteries, 1050mAh 7.4 but they are 40C, so what you lack in size you make up for in dump rating.

Can be compared to yorkie terriers and little man syndrome, although small they have plenty of attitude...
                    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Use a 9.6v nimh, get two 1600mah batts. Easiest option. The 1600mah will be enough to last a day if youre not trigger happy, if you are, use the other one. And a 9.6v gives a bit higher ROF than a 7.4v lipo ive been told.

Comment

Ok guys thanks for the great advice

There is just one thing i was a little concerned about after doing more research on this weapons battery type and that is crane stock batteries. It seems that some brands (CA was metioned) have a bigger crane stock battery than others, can anyone recommend a brand that will fit a G&G?

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                          Use a 9.6v nimh, get two 1600mah batts. Easiest option. The 1600mah will be enough to last a day if youre not trigger happy, if you are, use the other one. And a 9.6v gives a bit higher ROF than a 7.4v lipo ive been told.
                          In my experience a quality 7.4 Lipo with a decent discharge rate of 25c+ will match or slightly beat a 9.6v Mini with the same Mah rating.

My 2200 mah 7.4v Lipo's easily beat my 1500mah 9.6v NiMH rof wise.

When you go to a 3300 mah 9.6v NiMH and above, then the rof is better than a mini sized lipo. You then need to go up to a bigger lipo to beat it.

My 7.4v 3600mah Lipo can keep up with 5000+ mah 9.6v NiMH batteries without problems.

General rule of thumb is a 7.4lipo is about the same or slightly better than most 9.6v NiMH batteries ROF wise.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyMurphy View Post
                            Ok guys thanks for the great advice

There is just one thing i was a little concerned about after doing more research on this weapons battery type and that is crane stock batteries. It seems that some brands (CA was metioned) have a bigger crane stock battery than others, can anyone recommend a brand that will fit a G&G?
                            This guns crane stock battery is compatible with mini sized cells.

So you could be well served with a Vapex 1600 mah nunchuck battery.

I cannot link you to such a battery as that would be against the forum rules.

Sorry.

Comment

Pmed the OP.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

AnthonyMurphy Find out more about AnthonyMurphy
                              Working...
                              X