Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asg steyr aug a2

Hello!

I've not been able to find anything on the intertubes about this rifle, anyone know if it's any good? Are the internals metal? Could it take a 9.6v battery? What battery size does it use? What scope would you recommend to get with the gun? What mods and accessories would you recommend I get for one?

I love the look of the steyr aug, one of the best looking rifles ever made imo, what does everyone else think of it?

Cheera :D

Edit: The only reviews I can find that aren't in French are by small children that don't say anything useful about the rifle itself, other then it comes in a box >.<

Re: Asg steyr aug a2

Now it will be either JG or CA im guessing. Virtually any gun will take a 9.6v, i mean i ran a WELL D90 on a car battery.
    And find some optics you like, an eotech, an aimpoint, an Acog ect. Choose what you like.

EDIT: chances are its Mini Tamiya.
    EDIT2: Jg and Ca both have pretty good internals. My mate got a jg aug a3 3 years ago, its been used and abused, the only thing that has broken is the buttpad (got lost)
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Rubbish gun, avoid.

Internals are fine but the ASG branded one (its a JG) have SHOCKING plastic bodies that shatter really easily. JG branded guns used a totally different plastic that did not have this problem.

The plastic is the worst I have ever seen, its incredibly brittle and a close range hit from another gun will shatter the stock. Yes, this has happened.

The battery compartment will take an 8.4v mini battery or a custom 9.6v battery.

Ideally use an 7.4v mini sized Lipo battery.

As with all Aug's you are pretty limited with what you can do externally and what is available on the market is quite expensive. Such as different front ends. This is reflected by it being a very old gun design.

They are good guns but avoid the ASG version. Its a dog. I have a TM Aug Civi and love that gun.

V3 mechbox and they have a 509mm inner barrel. Very good hop units as well. Its worth noting that AUG's are very noisy guns unless you use a lot of sound dampening material inside as there is a lot of hollow space inside.

These guns tend to be quite hot out of the box and the gearboxes need a good regrease and reshim from working on quite a few. Its a Chinese gun after all and those guys have no idea about shimming and quality control.

Comment

It comes with an 8.4 mini tamiya 1400mah battery a 330 round magazine however its fps is 355+ so i would recommend buying and fitting a m100 spring.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chiefyk Find out more about chiefyk
        Working...
        X