High Cap or Low Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Cap or Low Cap

Hi I was wondering what everyone thinks on High Cap vs Low Cap. Ive only ever been once and used a High Cap and I didnt like having to wind it up so Il proberly get mid caps for my gun.
    Rory

Re: High Cap or Low Cap

Midcaps are always win.

Although that just my opinion.

Comment

It's all down to style of play really.

Low Caps: Around 30 rounds. The most realistic, but it terms of a normal attack/defend game we are talking changing the mag 5 - 10 times in one game. You'll need lots of these, and you'll need to be changing mags all the time.

Mid Caps: Around 150 rounds. Offer good feeding with that realism of a few mag changes.

Hi Caps: Around 400 rounds. Normal short game, might only need to change the mag once.

Basically it's personal preference. I'd rather be shooting than fiddling around changing mags. Others find the mid battle mag changes part of the fun! Same as some like to run into the base screaming on full auto, and others prefer to sneak up like a ninja!

Comment

Mids or lows. No winding, no rattling, and a slightly more realistic ammo cap. Plus, they force you to think about your ammo consumpstion, which is both more realistic, and saves you money. Tactical reloading under fire is fun too.

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
          It's all down to style of play really.

Low Caps: Around 30 rounds. The most realistic, but it terms of a normal attack/defend game we are talking changing the mag 5 - 10 times in one game. You'll need lots of these, and you'll need to be changing mags all the time.
          Low caps should be closer to 70/80 rounds. TM standard mags are my all time recommendation for any AEG. Thats a reasonable number. Midcaps (like a lowcap, but double stacked) can misfeed.
          /9 out.

Comment

Misfeeding in midcaps can be solved by simply stretching the springs. My G&P M14 midcaps didn't feed, strecthed the sprigns and they worked perfectly, and still continue to do so in my teammates M14. However, the STAR ones are known to be a bit hit and miss, my M4 ones didn't feed very well, even with a spring stretch.

Comment

Maybe I'm confusing low caps with "real caps" or whatever they are called. The ones the die-hard mil sim people use, matching the real steal mag capabilities of that gun.

Comment

Yup, real caps are 20-30rnds, lowcaps are 60-80.

Comment

If your playing Mil-Sim, or against other people using Real/Low/Mid caps then go for it, but if you are a begginer and you are against people using high caps you wont stand a chance unless you are good

Just my opinion,

Bert.

Comment

Agreed with Bert there.

Airsoft is so hit and miss, even a good player with a great gun. The accuracy is only so good, especially with wind to consider! Plus if your playing woodland, a bush offers lots of cover. A real bullet would pass through and hit, in airsoft you're going to have to mow that bush down!

I'd suggest going for hi-caps. With a standard gun you'll have no feed issues, and if you do fancy being sneaky ninja, just use the semi auto

Comment

Buy a bunch of mid-caps to fill your webbing / vest

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tovell2121 Find out more about tovell2121
                      Working...
                      X