This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What am I to do?

My view is, buying used guns almost instantly gives the implication that it's not going to be perfect.

A used gun is a used gun - expect problems!

Check on the tracking details - if the buyer made the complaint a week after he received it then tell him to jog on.

After a certain amount of time, if no problem is brought to the attention of the seller then the item becomes 'accepted'.

FYI - Paypal does not cover 'custom made' items under it's protection policy. Should that category include 'customised' RIF's I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
      Who paid for it?

Cheeky hint of the day.... if you withdraw all your Paypal funds now. There is sod all he can do, even if does launch a claim!
      I never keep funds in my account unless Intend on making transactions. There has been nothing in it for days, though I wonder if Paypal would just try to snatch it from my account instead.

Originally posted by bravotwozero View Post
      My view is, buying used guns almost instantly gives the implication that it's not going to be perfect.

A used gun is a used gun - expect problems!

Check on the tracking details - if the buyer made the complaint a week after he received it then tell him to jog on.

After a certain amount of time, if no problem is brought to the attention of the seller then the item becomes 'accepted'.

FYI - Paypal does not cover 'custom made' items under it's protection policy. Should that category include 'customised' RIF's I don't know.
      Far as I can see, it has been customised and also Paypal don't like the words 'RIF' or 'Firearm' anywhere, so him bringing it up towards dispute would just end up with both of us in trouble for doing a deal involving an RIF. Also, it wasn't his account he used to pay, so I wonder if Paypal would stand by someone who was using someone elses account to make the payment? They could count that as a dodgy deal and call the dispute off that way I suppose.
      sigpic
      http://Teddypotts.DeviantART.com

Comment

You are allowed to pay/trade RIF's with Paypal - it's in their T&C's :D

Problem with the disputes is I doubt a real person even looks at half of them!

I don't think they can drag the money from your account, but if it did look like that was the way things were going - you could cancel their direct debit authorisation.

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
          You are allowed to pay/trade RIF's with Paypal - it's in their T&C's :D
          Learn something new every day.

Originally posted by jagillham
          I don't think they can drag the money from your account, but if it did look like that was the way things were going - you could cancel their direct debit authorisation.
          That. I need to learn how to do and do so now.

EDIT: Too late. He opened up a dispute. And now I am in the red with Paypal.
          Last edited by Teddykiller; 25 September, 2011, 19:19.
          sigpic

Comment

So long as you have a tracking number that shows the buyer received the gun there isn't much they can do about it. Paypal don't care about transactions made outside of ebay. And the fact that you repaired it once already shows you weren't scamming him. I'd tell him to jog on and file a claim.

Second hand sales don't come with a warranty unless it's in black and white in the add you made. Which i expect it wasn't. If the buyer told you it was broke on the day he received it, then he'd have a leg to stand on.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
              So long as you have a tracking number that shows the buyer received the gun there isn't much they can do about it. Paypal don't care about transactions made outside of ebay. And the fact that you repaired it once already shows you weren't scamming him. I'd tell him to jog on and file a claim.

Second hand sales don't come with a warranty unless it's in black and white in the add you made. Which i expect it wasn't. If the buyer told you it was broke on the day he received it, then he'd have a leg to stand on.
              I have the tracking numbers in my PM's. I'll keep an eye out for the receipts.

The messages I have from him about it being 'broken' initially, is because the motor plate was set too high and the motor wouldn't turn. I un-wound the plate alittle untill the AEG cycled correctly. After that, it was sent off immediately and only today, a few weeks later. Has this esclated into it being a dead motor. The claim is now being based on it being broken as I first sent it. I've opened the claim up and described to Paypal how it worked without opening it up and by doing I as have mentioned prevously.

I really can't believe he went this far for something I would've just shrugged off and fixed up for very little hassle. :/
              sigpic

Comment

Paypal should find it in your favour. Mainly due to the time taken for this fool to open a claim against you. If it were dead on arrival after you fixed it i could see his point. But weeks later is just stupid. Just be sure to mention in your replies to paypal that it was sold as seen without warranty due to it being a second hand sale.

Comment

I would always be weary of paypal. Claims can be filed up to 4 months after initial payment - I was scammed when I sold an iPhone, one day before the dispute time period was up, they filed a claim to say they hadn't authorised the transaction. I tried to fight it, paypal were useless and I lost £320.
                  Also if they decided it would go in their favour they quite often refund without proof of goods being returned.
                  Just be careful mate
                  G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Well, everything has been settled. Paypal claim has been cancelled and we have reached an agreement. I've sourced a spare motor for the guy and sent him the funds for it. Just happy to have settled it, though I'm now very weary about selling again now.

Thank you to everyone who offered advice! :D
                    sigpic

Comment

Best thing to do?

Phone them. Get the number from the "Contact us" page and give them a bell. Be rational and detailed in your explanation. Give them the circumstances around the sale, the sold mags, the unsold mags,the motor problems and your willingness to help by repairing it as you did.

*Edit* Very magnanamous decision to make and I hope it all turns out well for the both of you.
                      There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Would love to know who this person is so I can avoid them like the plague!
                        Signature Removed

Comment

I also would like to know who this unreasonable person is. I take it forum rules prevent the naming and shaming of such people?

Comment

Originally posted by bravotwozero View Post
                            I'm aware this has been settled but I'd just like to make the point that as far as 'cusomised' / 'custom made' goes here we are talking items to the effect of having your name engraved on it. Clearly something that has had your name engraved on it, or any number of 'custom' things done potentially damages an items resale value. As for custom made, again, is a case of as long as it was made to the spec you gave, we can assume no one else would want it. Claiming that a rifle has been customised when really it has been altered/upgraded isn't going to get you anywhere for dodging a paypal claim.

I'm pleased to hear this was resolved as close to amicably as possible. Please leave appropriate feedback for the forum user in question.

Comment

Genuine honest feedback is the way to go..
                              On a side note and with this thread in mind there is a worrying trend for people advertising stipulating that the item they're selling will not be subject to a refund no matter what....!!
                              Hopefully the item's won't sell,I certainly wouldn't buy off of such a seller,and I can't imagine this will last long as a trend...well I hope not...

Comment

Maybe people are saying they will not refund no matter what due to the fact there are c*nt$ like this all over the place trying to take the money out of your pocket.

I NEVER sell a RIF or IF unless it's face to face for two reasons.

1. I know how old the person is and can ask them Defence
                                2. I can show them it's working so if they try do this sort of thing with me, they haven't got a hope in hell and I can put them in their place.

Also to the OP I feel for ya, I wouldn't have give him the money for a motor, I'd have told him where he could find the nearest c0ck to sit on. His claim wouldn't have held up with PayPal even then I would have told him to suck a fat one and taken your cases to small claims court.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Teddykiller I am who I am, and that is all, just a fellow airsofter ready to talk b******* anytime! Find out more about Teddykiller
                                Working...
                                X