Used TM M14, what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used TM M14, what to do?

My used TM M14 is firing at 390 FPS and the accuracy and range is quite poor,

A new hop rubber will probably solve the range and accuracy issue but which one would people recommend, TM or aftermarket?

Also im undecided if i should lock it to semi or change the spring to lower the FPS.

I was under the impression the TM M14 should have excellent range and accuracy anyway so lowering the FPS shouldnt really drop this much?

Advice please
    TM/G&P MK14 Mod 0, G&P SR16 URX Shorty, TM Glock 18c GBB, DE L128A1

Re: Used TM M14, what to do?

390 fps and you say it's dropped a lot? What was it before?

Comment

Sorry wasn't clear in original post, I meant if I drop the FPS (spring change) ot shouldn't drop the range by much,

Or so I would assume according to most of what's written online about the supposedly amazing accuracy and range of the TM M14

Comment

Well I would drop the fps anyway as the new guidelines out would make your gun very iffy as it was manufactured capable of being fully auto and it is over 1.3J energy. I would get it down to around 330 and just use it. The range will drop a little but the main noticeable difference is the gun will not be as effective with heavier bb's like .28's or .30's. If you use .25's or .20's you won't really notice a huge drop in range, perhaps 20 foot or so.

I have a TM Socom with a lot of upgrades and it runs about 316-318 hop set with .20's and it runs 328 hop fully off. I have a GnG M14 running 295 hop set and around 310 hop fully off. Both guns have fantastic range and accuracy, especially if I stump up the extra cash and run them on Blaster Devil 25's. I have out ranged players running guns right upto 400 fps with DMR platforms with both guns.

Power is not everything, especially if you don't use heavier bb's to take advantage of the extra power.
        Last edited by The General; 21 October, 2011, 17:18.

Comment

Am i right in thinking an M100 spring should bring it down to 330 or so?

Also what hop rubber whould you recommend, TM or aftermarket?

Comment

Use an element orange, it is similar to the tm one in that it have the split in the middle of the nub inside the rubber which if is set up right, will get you very pleasing range.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

middo85 Find out more about middo85
            Working...
            X