A little help please guys.......... Ares L85 & DD rail system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little help please guys.......... Ares L85 & DD rail system

Right, Ive got a Ares L85 and would like to put the DD rail on it. Ive been told it has to be modded to make it fit properly.

So, my question is what do you have to mod to make it fit. Iv searched this forum and had a quick look on google but cant find a direct answer.

Any help will be appreciated.

Brewer

Re: A little help please guys.......... Ares L85 & DD rail system

Im sure on the Ares if your using the RS RIS its just a case of shaving a tiny bit off the bottom and maybe the sides of the gas block, allowing the screw to go through and the RIS to actualy fit on.

Comment

Theres a thread about this on the fourm! Can't remember the mod but it does state on the thread
      Originally posted by Tiercel
      The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Hi guys, I still cant find the thread to my question, if anyone can post the link or a video id be very grateful

Comment

Drop Panoptes a PM mate he might be able to help you, he has a RS RIS fitted to his Ares.

Comment

I fitted one to mine mate. You may need to shave some off the sides to fit it in, I didn't need to on mine but I know some people have?
            Once you get the ris to slide back into position on the gun you'll find that the bolt/sling loop hole doesn't line up.
            You need to mark where the hole needs to be on the gas block then take the ris off, get your file or drill with a rotating file of some sort and open up the hole.
            Keep trying the ris on until you get it lined up.
            It's almost a whole hole out so it takes a bit of work.
            Any more questions mate drop me a PM
            G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

The 'fitting lugs' which go into the RIS from the receiver need a slight shave if you're anal about it sitting perfectly horizontal.

Comment

Funny that you should know this tip pan
                sigpic

Comment

Brilliant, cheers guys. Ill go and order one!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

brewer17 Find out more about brewer17
                  Working...
                  X