Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water damage

Hi all

How do you guys keep your gun safe from the elements? I'm going this weekend and was wondering whether to cover the battery or something just in case, any advice? I'm running a TM socom recoil.

Re: Water damage

Cover it in a binbag? Rain wont do much really.
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I have found if you put the battery on as normally but you put a waterproof bag over the battery and you cable tie it (or tape) around the wires after the connectors so then you have a protected battery .

To protect the contacts/gb you will haft to...
      Ok the gun in question is an m4 but you can do it to any gun.

What you would do is put rubber strips along the gaps between top and bottom receiver and with the body pins you will need srew ones and put O rings either side of the pin so that is water tight.
      With the stock you would put rubber in the gap between the receiver and stock..
      And do the same between the pistol grip/body and pistol grip and bass plate.

That would make it rain proof easy but if you wanted to go to extremes you would need a vacuum forming machine and wrap the whole gearbox with platstic ofcourse it will have to be done in two sides and super glued together .

The plastic will need a hole for the motor , air nozzle , cylinder hole and there will haft to be a big hole cut in the plastic for the selector plate but the plastic will be super glued to the gearbox case.

I hope this all helps.

Comment

Ive played a good few times in the rain and its never caused me an issue so i would say leave it. But if your really that worried then the only thing i can suggest is wrap the battery in a bag/plastic and tape it up after the connectors like has been previously said

Comment

Really would not seriously worry about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7zaAP0QmNM

If the weather really gets bad, condom over the barrel and throw something over the gun like a bin bag.

Comment

As above
            Don't worry about your gun failing due to rain. You don't really need to protect the battery and your gearbox should be full of grease anyway. The only possible problem will be rust on any external mild steel. I just make sure external screws, bolts and rails are wiped over with silicone and a cloth. Dry it out thoroughly at the end of each day

Comment

Cheers guys

Comment

Just to add to this. Dont dunk your gun in a puddle and you will be fine. If you feel the need to, spray any metal parts with some silicone spray, this will stop any surface rust build up if you forget to give it a wipe down after.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Brodhurst Find out more about Brodhurst
                Working...
                X