Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Has anyone used/owned a TM VRS Real Shock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone used/owned a TM VRS Real Shock?

Hello there people. Seems ages since I have started a thread here, but here I am anyway.
    So, l I want a TM spring bolt action rifle. "VSR G Spec!" I hear you shout. Sorry, I'm not looking for a sniping rifle. I would like a wood effect stocked one as well, so that's the VSR Pro Sniper out too (Unless the Real shock is really that bad...). I really like the look of the Real Shock VSR. I like wood effect, and I like iron sights, but I have never seen anybody use one and there are very few reviews on them. I was just wondering if anyone on here has one? Or has shot one. Apparently the 'Real Shock' delivers no recoil at all and is very loud, but what do you guys n girls think?

Here it is: http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=1836

Thanks, any info appreciated

EDIT: The title should say 'VSR' :3

Re: Has anyone used/owned a TM VRS Real Shock?

from what i understand the real shock is the same as the other vsr's mechanically but with lead weights wrapped around the piston to give the feeling of recoil. You can actually see on the other vsr models where these weights would sit! one option could be to get a pimped g spec, fit your own wood stock and wrap some lead around the piston and see how it fairs? with the added lead will obviously come more wear etc etc but really goes without saying
    Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

I've used a Real Shock and it's a bad gimick, it add nothing. I don't remember it being over loud.

If you like the stock and look of it I would go for it and remove the lead weights fron the clyinder. I prefered the look of the standard gun over the G Spec, that's why I ended up with it.

Comment

Thanks guys, I will probably go for the Real Shock and remove the weights, as the extra wear and noise don't seem too appealing...

Also, do you think the standard sears would withstand a ~350 FPS spring? I'm not looking to do much upgrading, or have an FPS over 350 so I can use it at any range.

Comment

I'm pretty sure they would last, heck, the worst that could happen would they break and then you upgrade then.
          "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

Your in exactly the same boat as me mate. I have been looking for a VSR-10 Real Shock as of late. I really like the looks of them, especially compared to the G-Spec.

Same sentiments as the other posters from me. As soon as/if I get one the first thing I will be doing is removing the lead weights, they don't help at all and the 'Real Shock' effect is not why I want one.

As for the 350fps spring - no it almost certainly will not withstand it for any considerable amount of time, in fact it is quite likely that it will surprise you just how quickly the sears give out on you. Nevertheless, as has already been stated its not too bad a plan since 350fps is a nice skirmishable figure that may hold out for a few months and when it does fail you the only thing you have to do is then upgrade it.

I know this because it has been the exact series of events for me on 2 VSRs and one TM L96. I always go to roughly 340-350, get some work out of the stock sears and by the time they are broken after a couple of months or so I will have the upgraded sears ready in my tool box waiting to be put in (I like to use the time before it breaks wisely, by using the zero-in forums for example to get the sears at the best possible price). Ofcourse at that point you may want to up the power further and do a few other mods, namely a new piston for a good example.

Btw, if you happen to find them in the UK, let me know as I have been looking around but to no avail. I emailed all the main retailers but none have said they can help so far.

Comment

I to have a VSR-10. And i bought the sniper pro as I wanted iron sights. I want to use it as just a bolt action rifle at the 350 range initially before adding the full set of upgrades and a scope. So what spring would i need to get it upto 350 from stock?
              AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
                I want to use it as just a bolt action rifle at the 350 range
                Exactly the same as me.

This is a 350 FPS spring: http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=3718

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apurturesci Male Find out more about Apurturesci
                Working...
                X