Tissue Stuck in Barrel :S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tissue Stuck in Barrel :S

I just got an Aim Top m4a1 from zeroone and i've fired about 3 hicaps worth of bbs. I was firing and suddenly the trigger wouldn't press down so I thought it must of been a jam. I got my cleaning rod with some tissue, and stuffed it up the barrel, got the jamed bb out but pulled the cleaning rod back out and I noticed there was no tissue on thet cleaning rod, so I suppose it's still in the barrel :S Any help on what I could do?
    Cheers guys

Re: Tissue Stuck in Barrel :S

Okay - wrong section for one.

But anyway - take the gun apart, and remove the barrel from the Hop Unit. Push the tissue out from either end.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

It's fairly simple to clean an M4 barrel properly; heres a brief run down of what to do.

First, pop the rear reciever pin out (its located behind the shot selector on the outside of the gun). Guns with a split hop unit will then hinge open on the front reciever pin. If it is a one piece hop (which I get the feeling the TOP version is) then you will need to pop out the pin at the front of the reciever too.

One way or another, you should now have a access to the inside of the gun. The main bulk of which will be the gearbox, usually silver-grey with a brass cylinder section. Infront of that, above the magwell, is the hop unit. Slide this out by tilting the upper reciever. It may need a bit of encouragement from the front of the barrel if its a tight fit. Looking down the front of the barrel you can usually see the edge of the inner barrel (copper colored on most stock guns). Prod this and the barrel should slide out.

Push the other end of your cleaning rod (the end with a flat angled end) into the barrel, from the hop up end . Pushing this all the way through should get the tissue out the front of the barrel. It is important to push from the hopup end, otherwise you risk damaging the hop rubber by forcing the tissue through it.

With any luck, that should be sufficient to unblock the barrel. Reassemble by doing the reverse of the above. If that does not clear the blockage, you will need to dissasemble the hop. Give it a go, and if you find there are still bits of tissue stuck in the barrel, post back and myself or someone else will tell you how to get the hop unit off to free any remaining trapped tissue.

For future referance, using less tissue, and making sure it is properly secured to the loop on the end of the rod will prevent tissue getting jammed. While the reciever is open, this can be a good oppertunity to dry fire the gun and see if the gearbox cycles (the nozzle at the front should move back and forth, along with the normal firing sounds if its all working fine). Any excessive grinding noises are bad news.

Hope that has been some help, and isn't too lengthy.

Comment

I'd also like to add that if the trigger wouldn't press, then it's not going to be a barrel fault, normally.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

True. It's more likely to be the selector plate is out of place. Sometimes BBs can jam in a barrel such that the loading nozzle wont move, so nothing happens when you pull the trigger. If the trigger does not move at all, its either the selector plate, or the mechanical saftey inside the gearbox is stuck.

To set the selector plate right, you would need to remove the gearbox from the reciver, which is quite simple. If it's part of the mechanical saftey thats broken, you will need to open the gearbox, which is not something I would reccomend for a new player, although most people do everntually delve into GB work. If you need further help, just ask.

Comment

dont use tissue as it leaves fibres in the barrel ,use a strip of jaycloth 10mm wide 30mm long or proper firearm cleaning patches to clean your barrel.
            as for the trigger if you were firing in single then the mechbox has locked try a burst on full auto to clear it
            m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Queboo12 Magpul User and Abuser Find out more about Queboo12
            Working...
            X