JG motor or ACM motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JG motor or ACM motor?

Hi, i have an old JG m4 s-system lying around, and it has the jg blue HT motor in it, and i was wondering, for a moderately high speed set-up, what would be better, the JG motor, or the stock one i have in my ACM/KS p90?
    Cheers

Re: JG motor or ACM motor?

jg blue by far I would imagine. I was impressed when I owned one for a short while. bound to be far better than an acm one
    TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

right, thinking about using it in conjunction with an 11.1 so yer, you think it'll be cool? I have heard good things about them :P

Comment

A JG Motor with a 11.1v lipo? Good luck with that! Youre not using JG gears aswell are you?

Comment

Indeed :P Why, whats wrong with that? Well, there XYT gears, which are pretty solid, ive heard...

Comment

have a fire extinguisher at the ready, and a parts bucket...

Comment

You talking about the motor? I thought the JG blues were meant to be pretty good, or should i take it down a notch and just use a 7.4?

Comment

7.4 will be perfect. Use them in all my guns for the last 6 months with 0 issues!

Comment

MMM ok, which motor would be better, not sure i can be bothered to shed out for a new motor atm so what would be faster?

Comment

Jg blue with a 7.4 would suit you perfectly for a long time

Comment

As long as aoe is corrected and all the necessary mods are done to the piston and gearset the na jg blue and xyt gears will be fine on an 11.1v lipo, id prefer an xyt gearset to a stock tm set anyday
                      sigpic

Comment

...any reasoning behind that JG motor hate? It's a bloody good motor. Neodymium magnets, great torque and has none of the shorting issues that the JG Red had. Only issue with it is that it is a bit loud and can get a bit warm, especially if you are using a braking fet (for which there is no need if you set your gun up right). If you have one, use a vented handgrip. For the record, i do use this motor in my primary, have had no issues with it at all.

Make sure you work on your AoE however, as well as making sure you do not get pre-engagement (if you do, pop a heavier spring in and short stroke your sector gear to drop the fps back down)

Comment

Well said mate exactly my thoughts,
                          sigpic

Comment

You sure an SHS ultra torque on an m100 and the 13:1 gears is ok, or should i opt for a high speed motor, say element hi-speed, bear in mind that im not doing long bursts, just 3-4 shots and semi.
                            cheers

Comment

The higher the gear speed, the more strain there is on the motor. So the standard high speed method is to use a nice high speed gear set and pull them with a torquy motor. A high speed will pull it though, just will struggle more than a torque one.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

laurence Find out more about laurence
                              Working...
                              X