New Player Needs Help :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Player Needs Help :)

I am a new Airsoft player as me and my dad have just begun playing. I am 17 and after one indoor game we were hooked and went weekly but now he has his license and we can purchase our own guns and gear, we have decided it's time to go outdoors and hope we don't get the same swarms of 12 year old children who know the course like the back of there hand, tea bagging us as we round every corner.

Therefore I would love some help in choosing a loadout. I have almost decided on ACU bottoms with magnum desert boots. I was thinking of just a black t-shirt and a black ball cap with bolle safety glasses. Will this work for regular playing? I already own a vest which has seen action in Afghanistan as well as ACU kneepads and pistol holster, but no pistol

I am having trouble deciding which guns I want. I am looking at a second hand TM P226 SIG as my secondary and a M4 variation for a Primary. I would like to know which will look the best, be easy to use, maintain and repair, and will not make me look like a lemon as it constantly breaks down in battle. All help on this matter would be greatley appreciated.

Thanks, Jack
    If you ain't first, your last!

Re: New Player Needs Help

Two very quick points:

It's not a licence.

Your dad needs to be the one buying them and it can't be your money that he's using.

Other than that, what's your budget?

The basic loadout you mentioned sounds OK and most people start with something along those lines. Learning to move quietly and to stay perfectly still is far more important than what cam you've got on, I play woodland all in black and still get some pretty sneaky kills.

Weapons wise, are you looking for new or used?
    sigpic

Comment

Gun: depends upon budget really as there is no point recommending a £500 gun when you have a budget of £200. The GnG combat range are really good entry level guns and perfect for woodland or ccb (depending upon what FPS limits you play at)
      http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/index....th=268_318_403 the cm16 raider being well recommended as it has lots of rails to stick stuff on.

Sidearm: up to you, but I have never used one in woodland, apart from when I had a springer revolver for laugh factor!

Kit wise: you may want a jacket long sleeve shirt of some sort for the brambles/ants/nettles and the like you will encounter in woodland, apart from that you are fine
      Raven's Claw: bug*er this just charge

Comment

All good so far, it's not about what looks good though, try to think of it as what you feel comfortable with, some will fit your hand and style better than others. Just because it looks good, it just may not work for you. TM are good of course, your idea of a TM Sig P226, well good choice, shoots well, looks the part and as all TM stuff should last the course for you.
        Take some time to ask other players at events, most will happily let you have a go and tell you the pro's and cons of each make.
        Then do your research on the interweb...After your happy, well let the good times roll.
        Good luck to you both
        Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
        Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by bigshep View Post
          .....Kit wise: you may want a jacket long sleeve shirt of some sort for the brambles/ants/nettles and the like you will encounter in woodland, apart from that you are fine
          Most certinaly agree with this but would add a decent pair of thin gloves as well, full finger preferably. Nettles and brambles can be very anooying if not painful when you land in a lot of them. I usualy play in a T-shit with my plate carrier and no gloves and when lying prone it makes it a lot harder to move around when your trying to avoid the worst of what the woodland floor has to offer. I sometimes use some fishing style gloves which are full finger but have small slits in the knuckles so you can poke you fingers through for doing fiddley stuff like reloading mags etc. Since I started playing I buy something new almost everytime I go, it may be just something small, but the best recommendations sometimes do not suit everyone. Just keep playing and eventually you will have a perfect set up that will suit your style of play.

Comment

Thankyou everybody for the quick replies. I know it's not a license its just what I call it lol. All guns bought will belong to him and he will allow me to se them. The director of the airsoft sight said this would be fine as I am not a fan of most two tone guns. Thanks

Comment

My gun budget is between £100-150, but future funds will allow me to modify it to my likeing. Are GnG Raiders any good, or ICS CXP's? Thanks, Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Jack.Murnin View Post
                My gun budget is between £100-150, but future funds will allow me to modify it to my likeing. Are GnG Raiders any good, or ICS CXP's? Thanks, Jack
                I use a ICS CXP and its wicked. I fitted a silencer and a longet inner barrell. The gearbox is strong takes a lot of abuse. I have trhe full meal one though so its a little more expensive.

Comment

There is a long post in the review section for the G&G combat range, almost all positive. I have a metal cxp and it is great, the palstic ones are also supposed to be pretty good, however ICS tend to be a bit tempermental as to what interenal upgrades they like, but externally they are great.
                  Raven's Claw: bug*er this just charge

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jack.Murnin Jack Murnin. 19 Years Old. From Northern Ireland and been playing airsoft for just over two years :) Find out more about Jack.Murnin
                  Working...
                  X