Effective range for a scope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effective range for a scope?

Hey guys I've been meaning to make this thread for a while so here we go.

I've read many articles on here about people debating whether or not scopes are worth using in the skirmish field. Sure, snipers need them. But on an AR or SMG you can see further than you can shoot so my question is as follows.

If you are using a scope on for your AEG/GBBR what range do you zero your scope in to?

Cheers,
    Copey
    sigpic
    There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives!

Re: Effective range for a scope?

About half the effective range, so in the case of my 416 I've zeroed it using the 30m marker at GZW (just over half, but a good aim point).

That way I raise it a little for long shots and any closer shots will be about right without too much adjustment too.
    sigpic

Comment

Ah cool man. I used to zero to either the blue crate or the little shed at the right of the range.

Thanks for your advice though!
      sigpic

Comment

I'm hitting a selected tree at the bottom of the range probably 2 out of 3 shots, so the marker is good for me.

As long as your not struggling to hit the crate or shed, then that's an OK point to use too.
        sigpic

Comment

Nah I hit them every time lol. I zero'd it in to that and it worked very well
          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Copey My sister reckons she's nuts Find out more about Copey
          Working...
          X