X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help protect my face

Hi Gang,

This is my first post, so be gentle ?

I went air softing for the first time the other weekend and I really enjoyed myself and want to get into it more. However, I had a MAJOR problem with my mask. I am one of these extremely fortunate chaps who has to wear glasses (ladies, please control yourselves) and I had a big problem with my glasses steaming up. There was little I could do to sort them out, other than enter the safe zone and clean them.

The mask I was using was just a cheap one bought from Zeroone and feel it is the first thing which you should invest in.

I would like a mask which covers my ears and also provides good ventilation so as to minimise the steaming issue. Also, avoiding my mouth being shot to bits would be a huge plus as my job needs me to be customer facing and the 'mottled' look isn't great for winning business.

Can you offer up some advise / recommend some model makes ?

Thanks!

Toby

Re: Help protect my face

Half face mask, with stamped steel 'mesh' goggles

Comment

i just brought a brilliant mask from **** ********* .it is a full face mesh mask very similar to a fencing mask 19.99 skirmished with it on sat and with a balli over it it is the best i have used so far

Comment

Heroshark, made to measure! Check the Internet ;-)

Comment

i have a mesh lower mask,that protects the lower face and ears its called an "TMC V2 Strike Metal Mesh 3D Cutting Mask" £13 delivered(google and 4th link down)....you can combine that with ESS Advancer V12 no more than £25 delivered from auction website (ive tried many goggles and mesh masks,and these are my favourite, as you can open them up for added ventilation,and remove the little bits of foam covering the vents,and they fog up the least plus provide excellent visability)its only when you stop moving or move into an environment where the temperature changes suddenly that they do fog up, but if you wait 2 minutes they normaly clear
          then add RX ICE Vice insert, cheapest ive found was £18 delivered from same auction site
          with RX prescription... i can link you to a website that will do the prescription lenses for about £10
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Heroshark googles suplimented with
            http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=6002

should give you the prtection you require, either that or there is a fencing style mesh mask available, but I can't list the retailer.
            BBA sand rampage should get it
            Raven's Claw: bug*er this just charge

Comment

cant edit my post...its 5th link down not 4th

Comment

£10....

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?134437

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                  i have a mesh lower mask,that protects the lower face and ears its called an "TMC V2 Strike Metal Mesh 3D Cutting Mask" £13 delivered(google and 4th link down)....you can combine that with ESS Advancer V12 no more than £25 delivered from auction website (ive tried many goggles and mesh masks,and these are my favourite, as you can open them up for added ventilation,and remove the little bits of foam covering the vents,and they fog up the least plus provide excellent visability)its only when you stop moving or move into an environment where the temperature changes suddenly that they do fog up, but if you wait 2 minutes they normaly clear
                  then add RX ICE Vice insert, cheapest ive found was £18 delivered from same auction site
                  with RX prescription...
                  I second this, my first airsoft game was played with a friends paintball mask, it was fine but fogged up so much i could barely see for 99% of the game.
                  Invested in a pair of ESS Advancer V12's and prescription inserts, remove the foam from the vents to let more air through, and they have worked perfectly for the last 6 games
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/AirsoftDevon/

My YouTube Channel

Comment

you could get like large skiing goggles and a biker type neoprem face mask (see ebay) as for your ears buy a lightweight helmet

Comment

personally depending on your game type i would suggest you buy an s10 gas mask and then send it to heroshark for mesh inserts, and yes i have used it in every type of game style be it from woodland to cqb (people down the epsom tunnels will know...) very comfy if you put a flash hood on it filters can be hollowed out (although for cqb i keep it in as the smoke always makes me feel strange :s ) but thats my opinion it was designed around the mp5 submachine gun so i believe and using my gun with an eotech is fine but as someone mentioned above the lower mesh mask with ear protectors is actually quite comfy :D good luck finding the pair for you.

Comment

just realized that i inadvertedly mentioned a retailer in my post ...... sorry guys no malice intended

Comment

the full face (fencing style) masks are the best i've used, but they don't cover your ears and my glasses don't fit underneath
                          fortunately, i'm short-sighted and mainly play CQB, but woodland is always a problem

your real answer is laser eye surgery - hopefully getting mine done by the end of the year
                          h e y d r i c h
                          L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

The only problem with the Mesh masks bieng that they can be bent out of shape, mine arrived from HK as a square. The box had been crushed slighty and i cant get it back to 100% how it should be...
                            But +1 on ESS goggles, also Heroshark custom makes mesh inserts for them if you wish to avoid steaming. However i hear that ESS ICEs are better with inserts than V12s, however i couldnt see anyone struggling to fit inserts into the V12s.
                            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by heydrich View Post
                              your real answer is laser eye surgery - hopefully getting mine done by the end of the year

well i had lazek eye surgery 15 months ago, im not sure given the chance i would do it again, for a start the adverts make it seem painless and trouble free, which is BS...

thankfully i only had my right eye done, (my aiming eye) the brain merges the two images together to form normal vision, but i felt weird without my glasses so had a clear lens put into the right side of the frame, and keep my left prescription in, which leavse me with two types of vision, if i dont wear glasses after about an hour my vision sort of merges...when i airsoft now, i just pop one contact lens in my left eye

anyway in truth after the anesthetics worn off,it hurts...a lot, it feels ok now though but my eye is very delicate now...you know you can rub yours eyes with your knuckle quite hard...i would never attempt that now,coz i would get a sharp stabbing pain in my eye...i would hate someone to punch me in my eye,coz the pain would be horrendous.

but what they dont tell you is that if you are short sighted,and need glasses to read a number plate in the distance,after surgery you become permenantly long sighted, so you have to wear glasses to read or look at a pc screen...swings and roundabouts really....thank god i only had one eye done

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Groot T Find out more about Groot T
                              Working...
                              X