Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEG with mosfets

Hi guys,

are there any aeg or makes that come already with a mosfet fitted as standard?
    After a bit of googling I saw few JG models have one but didn't find any more.
    Thanks
    Gamertag V3RN3TTI

Itrader link

I think those are the very old ones aren't they? You'll only find custom models I think. Might be worth looking at a micro switch trigger gun instead

Comment

Re: AEG with mosfets

Micro switches are really not a replacement for a mosfet...

What do you need from your mosfet anyway? Yes it ups the performance and durability of your gun slightly, but it's not a magical power up which is a must have. If you really want a rifle with one fitted though, probably your best bet is a 2nd hand rifle from a respectable forum member, preferably a mechanic, but beggars can't be choosers.

Let us know what you are after, there may be another way

Comment

No, but a heck of a lot of people get them to reduce the half crank and then locking that you can get, and out of the box in not sure what else you'd want from one before you've even used the gun

Comment

You can still get half crank with a microswitch trigger, it when theyre not pulled long enough. fets usually eradicate this and stop overspin on high rof setups, also saving the trigger contacts when using 11.1 lipos.
          sigpic

Comment

Be carefule with microswitches and braking MOSFETs - The "bounce" in the microswitch can cause problems for them.

"Switch bounce" is where the contacts make and break rapidly when the switch is pressed - kind of like a solid metal hammer hitting a solid metal plate. Microswitches are MORE prone to bounce than other types used in AEGs because they tend to be hard-sprung into position, rather than just pressed or slid into position.
            It becomes a problem with braking MOSFETs because the repeated make and break rapidly alternates between driving the motor and stopping it, potentially damaging the MOSFET, motor, or both.
            If the MOSFET unit has debouncing facilities (and most microcontroller-driven ones do), then this isn't a problem.

Comment

Just looking for improved trigger response, especially on single shots.
              Gamertag V3RN3TTI

Itrader link

Comment

the ics mp5 pro uses a mosfet i think because it has a 3 bb burst setting on it ,correct me if i am wrong.....

Comment

Originally posted by baddbaz View Post
                  the ics mp5 pro uses a mosfet i think because it has a 3 bb burst setting on it ,correct me if i am wrong.....
                  Cool thanks i'll have a look at that model
                  Gamertag V3RN3TTI

Itrader link

Comment

OR as said get a techie to tune the gun for you. A fet won't give you the same performance of say a torque motor and decent LiPo.
                    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

ics mp5 pro does have a mosfet and very decent interals ,,,, very nice gun build quality is v v good inside and out .. 3 models to choose from too

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Marcov Born in Italy - 50 years old Find out more about Marcov
                      Working...
                      X