Ares Aw-338 CNC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ares Aw-338 CNC

Right i got one of these im picking up tomorow, now where its painted im wondering how i can tell it apart from the crappy well counterparts. Next is there any advice you have in regards to probem areas i should look at or tweaks that i should perform, thanks any help appreciated as ive not owned a gas sniper rifle.
    sigpic

Re: Ares Aw-338 CNC

need some help asap guys im picking it up in the morning, cheers
    sigpic

Comment

Cant beleive nobody knows anything at all about these beauts
      sigpic

Comment

Ok, I've got the Well one (not a piece of crap, VERY good, direct copy of the Ares and allot cheeper, also uses AEG hop rubbers and barrels so cheeper to upgrade). Looking at images on the web the only difference I can see is that the Ares one seems to be stamped with '38 AW 1128' on the upper receiver. Ares also come with a bipod that does not have a ris block attachment and the Well bipod is the L96 design (but this could have been replaced). Before you buy if its secondhand, look at al the seals on the mag and the feed lip to see if there any damage, and remove the bolt and check the head of the nozzle for damage. You could check the hop but the hole thing needs to be stripped to get to it so that might be a no no. There are other threads on here regarding upgrades and to get better fps so have a scan.
        Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

Ok sorry about the peice of crap comment lol. and thanks for the info, so in small im on the lookout for the aw-338 stamp to verify its an ares. although now my doubts are very slim. ill have it tonight so ill fill you in and probably be in contact if i have issues lol
          sigpic

Comment

Comment

Thanks very much
              sigpic

Comment

Only you would buy a gas sniper as we are moving into winter...lol.
                Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Ahhhh that comment did make me laugh mark, because its the absolute truth!

In all seriousness ive been after one for a while now and the right swap offer came up so i couldnt resist it, afterall cool down wont be a big issue as its bolt action, and my site limit is 400fps, so i think ill be ok besides ive got a full pdi vsr. Ive gone off aegs really and im keeping just the m4 which you built beause its a beast.
                  sigpic

Comment

Seen the pics, its was an ares then? Are you aware of the grub screw under the bolt that you can tweek to increase/decrease fps?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JOE90 Small mans syndrome!!!! Find out more about JOE90
                    Working...
                    X