Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which MP7 Need some oppinons?

Hey guys,

I'm going to be getting an MP7 sometime after christmas.

I'll be using it for all types of game play (CQB, Woodland, Urban)

But i cant decide whether to go with TM's Version ot KWA's Gas Blowback Version

I've been airsofting for around a year now so i know the obvious drawbacks of each gun.

I just want to know your oppinoins,

1) if you have used both, which one you prefer?
    2) common faults on each that you know of?
    3) how much cold weather affects the GBB version
    4) overall working of the gun
    5) anything else/recomendations

Thanks guys
    NEEDED L96 Mag Release, 40rnd Mags, and Bi-pod adapter

Re: Which MP7 Need some oppinons?

i would go for tm for woodland etc and kwa for cqb, depends if you can be prepared to spend 340 per mag for the kwa.
    saying that the kwa will inevitably be more fun to use. looking on the net it doesnt seem that the kwa suffers to badly from cooldown.
    personnaly i would say tm because it is a solid gun with good accuracy and suprisingly good range for such a small gun

Comment

I had exacly the same to think about a couple of weeks ago

Id have to say KWA.

Its as solid as it gets, sounds awesome and has a brilliant ROF.
      BUT
      Mags are expensive and you will need an NPAS if you run it on green or propane.
      It will need more TLC than the AEG version.
      Cooldown isnt too much of a problem as its S7 gas system and plastic bodied, even less so as it appears you plan on buying after Xmas.

The TM one while probably built just as well as there other guns both internaly and externaly, has a silly low capacity battery as standard so for serious use will either need converting to run on a small lipo or more battery packs purchasing.
      And you may find harsh weather also affecting the life of such a small battery.

I eventualy went with the KWA version (had a KSC previously) because for the few possible cons it realy was the only choice for myself as i am more of a gas player these days, and just the sound of it compared to a whining gearbox makes you fall in love :D

Comment

^^ Couldn't have said it better

Comment

Use TM then use a KSC and you'll never go back!

Comment

Having owned a tm mp7 and modded the hell out of it with a 7.4v lipo and an active braking mosfet (in addition to all the standard mods like bearing bushings, tightbore, etc) I'd have to say go with the KWA unless you're really handy with modding and upgrading.

The thing my TM became was the perfect CQB AEG. I call it an AEG because it could manage around 15 rps at 280 fps. Couple that with the 100 rnd midcaps and the mp7's renowned accuracy+range (at stock fps not to mention 280) and you have a nigh on perfect sneaky-quiet cqb gun.

So if you're confident with upgrading then make an uber-TM and you'll have a much more combat effective weapon, simply from the stand point of the amount of ammo you can carry vs weight, as well as pretty much zero effect of weather on performance. However, it will never ever match the fun factor of the KWA though

nb. I've used the KWA and it is also a very accurate gun. I didn't have enough experience to say whether it is better/worse/same as the TM.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SamHall_ Currently studying Engineering at college and wish to proceed on to weapons engineering. Find out more about SamHall_
            Working...
            X