Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Advise please on these (SRC, Evolution, VFC).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise please on these (SRC, Evolution, VFC).

Hi,
    I am after making my first serious AEG purchase and was after some advice as to what would be a better out of the box rifle? My plan is for this to eventually become a bit of a project gun, but this will happen as my airsofting experience grows and I get more confident with the internals. Therefore I would need whatever I purchase to perform reasonably out of the box (with a little adjustment) until i was capable/could afford to begin work on it. Currently i have been looking at rifles based around the armalite series (or similar), but wanted something different to the usual M4A1, so i have been looking at;
    Evolution LR-300 series,
    VFC Hk416,
    SRC HK416 (Gen 3),
    The final option would be a full RIS G&P of some type.
    Any first hand accounts on the first three would be great as i can't find a lot of reviews on them after a lot of searching (obviously the G&P AEGs are reviewed everywhere). I am open to suggestions of anything else that people think might fit the bill?
    Thanks for all of your help in advance,
    Ben.

Re: Advise please on these (SRC, Evolution, VFC).

The vfc or the g&p. Both are great choose which you like the look of best.
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I got to be honest here if you want a project gun just get a very cheap china clone that needs work like a galaxy mp5k they sell for like £30 when broken or something like jg the mp5 ,m4 and g36 go for about £50 when broken . Get something like that and try to fix/upgrade it which will home your skills much faster and better as you no need to worry about breaking some £300 aeg...

Comment

If I may make a suggestion, G&G make a brilliant 'Combat Machine' line of guns, which are high quality entry level guns out of the box, and are highly upgradeable, if, like you said, you were to want to upgrade in the future. Z1 has some of the line, not sure if they've got all of them.

Take a look around and look for the best quality for your money, though you didn't mention your budget.

Broady
        Tell someone you love them today, because life is short.
        But SCREAM it at them in German, because life is also terrifying.
        ICH LIEBE DICH!

Comment

^true, if youre worried about that, apparently the Src gen 3s are pretty solid and cheap. In my opinion get a gun that performs well (g&p ect) and a cheap clone as SAS Scott has pointed out to play with until youre confident with internals. Then you can play with the internals on the expensive gun in confidence.
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by SAS Scott View Post
            I got to be honest here if you want a project gun just get a very cheap china clone that needs work like a galaxy mp5k they sell for like £30 when broken or something like jg the mp5 ,m4 and g36 go for about £50 when broken . Get something like that and try to fix/upgrade it which will home your skills much faster and better as you no need to worry about breaking some £300 aeg...
            I think he wants it as a gun he can use right away. I know I would never have bought a gun that needed work as my first, I'd have been too impatient! :D
            Tell someone you love them today, because life is short.
            But SCREAM it at them in German, because life is also terrifying.
            ICH LIEBE DICH!

Comment

Go for the G&P or VFC. If your looking to gain experience on working on gearbox's why not get a old version 2 gear box open her up and have a play? Saves the potential of damage to your gun? Just a Idea
              Originally posted by anthonyyoungs1989
              The cans brand new... I'm clearly not retarded.

Comment

I've got the VFC 416 and it's rock solid. No RIS wobble as it's integrated into the top rail and body.

I've changed it from a CQB to a standard length one, plus swapped the MP5 style front sight for one of the folding ones.

When I changed the outer barrel I fitted a madbull ultimate hop/black python tightbore/shark hop rubber combination. It's easily hitting selected trees at the end of the GZW range (roughly 45-50m) about every 2 out of 3 shots and can drop scattered shots around the 60m mark.

With an 11.1v lipo the trigger response is very fast and if I ever choose to use it, the ROF is pretty high too.
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the replies, as said above i definitely don't want to start with a real cheap gun to do up as i want something i can use as I slowly work on it (also i want a metal bodied gun as a starting point). The mods I was thinking of doing were mostly going to be tightbore/hop upgrade, with a supressor to cover the barrel exposed out of the RIS, then replacing the stock with a 417 stock.
                  I am hoping by getting a better base rifle I wont have to do as much work with the gearbox, but that would be done if required. Next would be a rail mounted grenade launcher and a custom paint job. Magpul well grip fitted and change over to P mags. Also would like to add a holographic sight with a flip out magnifier and a pressure pad activated flash light (with strobe) for CQB.
                  As you can see most of the mods I am doing are not really performance enhancing they are just for looks and so getting a good base AEG is really important to me as for the mean time that will be staying fairly standard.
                  The VFC is starting to sound good.
                  Does anyone on here own one of the Evolution guns?
                  Cheers again,
                  Ben.

Comment

If you want P mags, don't go for a 416 as the mag well is a fraction longer and they don't fit without some serious hacking.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for that Caveira,
                      I was unaware of that. Do standard M4 lo caps and mid caps fit? Im not really a fan of hi caps, just takes away the hint of realism that (for me anyway) airsofting is supposed to provide.
                      Also do you happen to know if this is true for the Gen III SRC model as well?
                      The P mags not fitting isn't the end of the world, they just seemed a good quality mid cap and i liked the look of them, but i would be happy with any lo/mid cap that fed well.
                      Do you think it would be worth me starting a new thread asking if anyone has one of the Evolution guns?

Comment

The only mid caps I've had a problem with were MAG plastic ones, other than that everything else has worked. To be honest, even the P mags work if you don't mind taking the dremel to them and shaving the front edge back. When modded they look carp out of the gun, but sit rock solid in the gun and feed perfectly.

I've not tried the SRC 416, but a call to a retailer to ask the magwell length should solve that one. After all, some of the 416 versions out there are just M4s with a different front end, sights and selector markings.

I only know one person with an evolution and he says it's great.
                        sigpic

Comment

Cheers Caveria, you have been really helpful, I have been using my brothers guns for the last six months so I can work out what I really want, hopefully just buy once and buy well. It doesn't appear that there are many of the evolution guns around. I have been through pages and pages of stuff on the net but it is all maufacturers, or retail blurb and they aren't going to put down their own product, so reliable first hand advice is hard to come by.
                          What you have said about the VFC sounds promising, really I only want to take advice from perople with first hand experience. The SRC is a good example, I have asked loads of people about thew GEN III and get negative comments but when I ask them about it they have never actually seen one they "just heard it". The three people who I have found who actually own one said it was really good?
                          Cheers Ben.

Comment

I've not fired an SRC Gen III, but I've handled a few of them and jfox here swears by his Gen III G36. They certainly seemed very solid when I looked at them.

The VFC will cost you more, but I just waited till a nearly new one came up on the forum.

I've heard differing views on the quality of VFC internals. The latest ones have self-shimming gearboxes and (I believe) larger metal bushings. The hop on mine had already been changed on mine when I got it as the old user had broken the original, so that may be a weak point. I just slapped a new hop/barrel/rubber set in anyway as I wanted a longer version.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah my brothers mate has a GenIII SRC G36C and he loves it, had to change the hop, as it was a bit pants, but he has kept the original inner barrel (it is brass), and he is really happy with it.
                              If you don't mind me asking, how much roughly would you expect a new hop/TB barrel/rubber set to cost for the VFC?
                              Also can you see any potential problems with hiding the inner barrel portion that is outside of the RIS with a suppressor?
                              Sorry for all the questions.
                              Thanks again,
                              Ben.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

leverb01507 Find out more about leverb01507
                              Working...
                              X