Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

So I've just bought a JG G36K (new AEG user questions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I've just bought a JG G36K (new AEG user questions)

Beautiful gun, well-considered purchase, already put about a thousand bbs through it in my backyard, first skirmish with it is in a week. In addition to the gun I've bought a better battery, a Defcon 3point sling, replica Eotech, and a "real steel" Magpul AFG. Now that I've got the gloating out of the way, I'd like some advice for new owners.

1. Being a Chinaclone, the gun is probably not built to the same degree of precision engineering as Marui etc. While the gun is functioning perfectly right now, should I disassemble it anyway and have a look through the internals? How should I go about cleaning, lubing, etc.?
    2. While I'm disassembling the gun, are there any upgrades & modifications I should look into immediately? I'm already thinking of buying a tightbore barrel since the accuracy is good but not great. Anything like shims, bushings, etc.?

Thanks!

PS. when I finally paid for the gun I had a small crowd of fellow skirmishers watching like it was a baby being born. Anybody else feel the same way when they see a new player buy their first gun?

Re: So I've just bought a JG G36K (new AEG user questions)

JG are great as they are out of the box. Don't open it up to fix anything until something breaks.

Comment

Hey dude my advise is leave it jgs are amazing guns standard (or the G36 series are..) they have been known to last donkeys years without ever being opened up...
      And nowadays JGs are better with parts like metal spring guides and metal bushings.

Wait until you use the gun in a skirmish then decide if you want to upgrade it but IMO it will only really need a tb barrel and hop rubber.
      But then thats just me you might be perfectly happy about how it performs.
      Also the externals on them are really good amazingly...

And about that last question I found my first ever good gun (was a JG m4 s-system) was like my baby I would clean it after every game and put it in a padded gun case and treat it with so much care/ respect.But now its a different story I treat my guns like s**t I never clean them and I will only clean the barrels when the accuracy starts to go all c**p.

Comment

Immediate upgrades / mods.

Hop up rubber. I'd recommend Tokyo Marui Hop up rubbers, only a few quid and easy to install without dismantling the gear box.

Second, clean the barrel. Use a small amount of cloth and run it down the barrel with the unjamming rod. JG's can be full of nasty goo, that may be causing your accuracy woes.

These 2 simple things should tidy up accuracy.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Another thing to be aware of, is the FPS. If it has come from abroad make sure your fps is site friendly (330fps). I had a new JG at 450fps....

After that... the world is your oyster:

Compression / acccuracy / consistency upgrades.
        Piston
        Piston head
        Cylinder
        Air Nozzle
        Hop up unit
        TBB

Then all the gear box upgrades...
        Selling:
        ISAF Tan patches, Union Jack Desert Patches Red Dot Sight, SR25 and M4 HiCaps.

Comment

My JG G36k is several years old now and there's only been a few bits done to it.

New piston (Fitted by me, it was still the original in there. They wear down eventually so I see them as a consumable anyway)
          TM Hop unit (Already in the rifle when I bought it, apparantly it's a bit more consistent than the standard JG unit)
          Guarder clear hop rubber.

Most people that play at CAG will tell you that it's a bit of a beast. One guy that's on the forum (The_Dr) doesn't like getting into a firefight with me, especially when he's standing 50m+ away and thinks he's safe... :D

I think I've got a good one though, not all JG guns are as good as mine, some are better, some are worse. All I want to do now is replace my motor as it sounds like it's had its day... But then, it's somewhere in the region of 4 or 5 years old now?
          The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

As said before first thing to do is have it crono'd.

Being JG the FPS could be any were I've a few aug's that fire 330 spot on but My HK416 was over 500fps.

Change the spring if needed, re chrono then do other mod's if needed.

Most JG have great range out of the box so a tight bore and hop rubber may not help much but may put you fps back over your site limits.

Also if you don't know what your doing have a pro do it for you, a spring change sounds easy enought but if you screw it up it could get expensive.

Comment

Ah yes, forgot to mention, it was chrono'd at 330fps consistently when I bought it from the shop at the site I play at. Guess it was a gun made for the UK market, so that's good. I guess I'll look into the hopup rubber and in the meantime clean the barrel. Thanks!

Comment

As its a new aeg I would recommend that its opened up cleaned - airseal checked (piston head, cylinder head, air nozzle) relubed - reshimmed - hop rubber changed to a tm, systema or madbull. Then you should get it chrono'd as changing a hop rubber and improving your air seal will change the fps. Then depending on your fps change the spring.

I wouldnt change any of the stock parts in a JG gearbox anymore. Oh and make sure you clean your barrel before you get it chrono'd. China guns usually have a load of gunk down there.
                Bit-o-everything M4 RIS /TM MP5A4 / JG G36C / KWA MP9 NS2 / WE G39C / KSC USP / TM Beretta PX4 / TM 1911 MEU / DE M56 shotty

Comment

Just incase you didn't know - it's a good idea to turn the hop all the way off before cleaning the barrel

Comment

A lot of people giving advice to you about upgrades, air seals, hop rubbers, etc. Listen to the ones who are saying don't mess with it. Just clean barrel after every game or 2. If it was chrono'd in front of you and it's at 330fps then there isn't any real issue with the gun. Just enjoy it and on a safety note.don't get shooting up you back garden just in case your neighbours complain or you have a huge field or farm where nobody cares..

Comment

As said already, clean the barrel thoroughly and away you go, my mate had one that fired 250.000 rounds with no issues.
                      HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

My g36 is what 3 years old, has had tens of thousands of bbs. Anyways all i swapped was the motor to a g&p m120, and the site i bought it off downgraded it from 380 to 338 fps for me, but thats just JG. they are brilliant for the price, and fully compatible with (NON RECOIL SHOCK) TM g36 parts. Dont touch it internally, itll be as solid as a rock.
                        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CacklingHawk Be strong, be fast, don't be too serious Find out more about CacklingHawk
                        Working...
                        X