Full vs Half Face Mask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full vs Half Face Mask

Alright, ive narrowed down my choices of face wear to either a blackbear airsoft razor mask in multicam or my mich 2000, some tmc mesh goggles and a mesh half mask. Can anyone help me choose between the two? Im mainly interested in Comfort, Ease of aiming, Protection, Vision and looks. I would be wearing an FG softshell, multicam trousers, and would add ear covers to the razor. Thanks a bunch!

Re: Full vs Half Face Mask

Out the 2 if I had to ,the helmet mask combo . Many of the half masks over shoot the chin so its a pita to get the mask to work with the helmet , but what I'd do is fit some poppers to the mask and helmet straps so it just snapped on to the straps.

Comment

Yeah, was thinking of getting the bb splinter and adding velcro to the inside of the helmet straps.

Comment

So, you're considering donning 3 pieces of equipment where 1 will easily do? Occam's razor this, man. Full-face all the way.

DISCLAIMER: the person speaking wears this onto fields: http://thehobbyguys.com/media/MASK_MTX_40D_O_4_lg.jpg

Comment

Thanks. Im just wondering how to make the side view better on the mask without reducing comfort, and how to make it look better

Comment

I will show you a picture of my Mich helmet and full face mask later. Works a treat but took me endless amount of tries to get correct. It reminds me of the bad guys from Killzone. Ill post a picture later as I have it packed up for my days shoot.
            PS - I have the exact same Army Of Two mask but without the flames if anyone wants to buy it or trade it for a black belt big enough for a 48" waist
            MAGPUL MASADA - 5 BURST SHOTGUN - SL9 FOR SALE

Comment

Hello mate I have a full face VENTs paintball mask and I have now gone to a set of ESS goggles and a mesh half face
              So here is the pro and con list
              1.Realism ess is the goggles the British army are using now
              2.nice to wear
              3.look great
              4.you can look down the sight (in my vents the mask pushed my face off the stock)
              5. You can have a fag without having to take your mask off or getting it wet with condensation
              6.cheap!!! Mine cost £16 off a bidding website (no names:-)
              Con:
              1.face is unprotected hence the half face mesh
              2.can fog up if you don't take the foam off the vents in the goggles

As you can see the pros out weigh the con in my eyes and goggles all the way
              Originally posted by bulldoguk
              Short barreled version so I can class it as a CQB right?
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]75861[/ATTACH]

Comment

Thanks guys. I cant wait to see that helmet and mask combo though. Btw, i would run ballistic glasses under the razor, as i dont trust woven mesh for my eyes- stamped steel from the goggles is fine though. So i think i should probably get the mesh goggles, half mask, and ziptie them (through goggle vents) to elIminate the chance of a bb getting through. Thanks again!

Comment

Sorry for the poor angled pictures and it does not look like it fits together as well as it actually does but have you ever tried taking a picture of yourself lol ! I get the nickname Jugernaut when at games as it really does look mean as hell !

Sorry but the pictures will not add, it coming up some sort of fault. Leave it with me, I will get them up in a minute. Going to try a restart

Comment

It wont let me upload them. PM me your email addy and I will send them. Sorry

Comment

The ESS Advancer Goggles are absolutely fantastic. Jonny Lovegrove and I use them and I would swear by them. Smokey lenses for summer, clear for winter and yellow tinted for night games. Problem solved. If you keep the vents open and are moving alot they don't fog too badly either. Highly recommended. Although saying that, I generally just wear a shemagh as face protection as opposed to a full blown mesh mask, however I do have a mesh mask (the kind with ear protectors built in too) and so long as you put them both on correctly, they're hella comfy.

Hope this helps
                      sigpic

Comment

^^ yes, also heroshark will make mesh lenses for them
                        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I do have a set of ess v12s, but the only game i had a chance to use them, they fogged, and i need to get a new clear lense because mine is scratched. Ill get a friend to test them this weekend.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                          X