• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas revlovers

whats the deal with these?
    good or bad?
    what are the best makes?
    and are there any CO2 ones available

as i was thinking about adding one to my collection but know very little about them

thanks.
    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 1 October, 2009, 19:17. Reason: text type
    sigpic

Re: gas revlovers

There are not very powerful and feel like a cheap toy when shooting compared to a gbb.
    They look the part but are not that skirmish friendly.(low powered, awkward to load)

There are co2 version available in china, i have not seen any in the uk.
    Last edited by Marksman1969; 1 October, 2009, 14:11.

Comment

i wouldn't be so quick to write them off. generally i don't think they will be as effective as most other pistols and i agree with the bad points raised, but if you've got the money to spare i guarantee they'll bring a smile to your face while using them. if you're planning on getting one purely for function it's not a good buy but if you can get close enough it's a great way to have fun and look cool while delivering the good news.

Comment

Originally posted by Marksman1969 View Post
        There are not very powerful and feel like a cheap toy when shooting compared to a gbb.
        You havn't fired a Tanaka 6gun have you?

I have the Tanaka S&W 500 - Nice loud pop to each shot, PLENTY of power and it's way to hot for most sites and out of the question for CQB. The quality is awesome, the best in airsoft revolvers!

I also have a TM Colt 6" Python, not at great quality as the Tanaka and alot more under-powered - however I am going to install a valve kit for it. Overall it's alot of fun to use!

Revolvers are all about style over performance! But you'll have both with a Tanaka!

Comment

Very tempted by the tanakas
          but this would be my first gas gun as iv use my tm mp7 to date and iv always had the idea that gas would be a pain with scotish weather
          would i be able to us the tanaka all year round?
          And what are the do's and donts of gas pistols(revolvers)
          sigpic

Comment

Because the Tanakas run hot anyway, they're probably better suited to your weather conditions than they would be on the south coast.
            sigpic

Comment

I keep mine in a shoulder holster and being built in gas reservoir (In the cylinder), it's much easier to keep warm where other GBB's would freeze up, as it's under arm. The ammo count of Tanaka's ranges from around 10 to 16, so choose shots carefully!

Revolvers are slow firing, but alot of fun! Using the single action is brilliant hah.

As for your first gas gun, I don't see anything wrong with it, as mine was a revolver!

Comment

great advice everone thanks.
                might just get one in the next couple of months
                but just two more Questions lol

If the gun is not allowed on my site because of the high fps how do i lower it?
                and
                what are some of the best models of tanaka revolvers?
                sigpic

Comment

Some of the earlier models, like mine, have a trigger spring that you can alter to adjust power. Although it's fragile and only worth touching if really need to. Otherwise just use lower power gas, like 134a.

As for the models, they're all of the same quality I would guess - being Tanaka. Go with what you like!

Comment

superb. thanks again mate ur a ledgend
                    sigpic

Comment

No probs, glad to see more 6 shooter fans! haha

Comment

DOnt mess about with a tanaka revolver if you buy one. If you mess it up they are hard to get hold of or replacement parts. that said Intervention is right, they are top class revolvers. Personnally just go for the Tm ones as they are cheaper and easier to get hold of
                        AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Tanaka ones are very, very nice. However, I went with a TM one, as it's cheaper, and has a good working hopup. It's plastic, fires at 250fps if I'm lucky, but it's aweseome and outranges some AEGs.

Comment

I had a Tanaka M65, firing at a lousy 140-160 fps. However this was outranging my we hicapas (3.8/4.3) easily. And they were firing at 260-280 290-310 respectively

Comment

You can adjust the power of the Tanaka M500 with a screw inside the pistol grip. Takes a bit of fine tuning, but it's possible. I heard that newer batches of the M500 have much lower fps due to Japanese laws catching up with them.
                              I used green in my M500, and it chronoed at 420 at 10 degrees ambient on a very windy day. I used mine when my AEG couldn't reach :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JDMO nm really just sit about untill the next airsoft game day Find out more about JDMO
                              Working...
                              X