Laser Boresighters info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser Boresighters info needed

Are they any good? does anybody have one they would recommend for a airsoft rifle?
    AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Re: Laser Boresighters info needed

That are for zeroing "propper" guns, no point using one for airsoft as the ammo is cheap
    WANTED
    Mid cap mp5 mags
    s-arms m4 mags
    motorola & kenwood commercial radios

Comment

Yes i saw a utube vid where the guy mentioned ammo prices being the factor for using one BUT say i want to use one for airsoft as I dont have the time or space to do it the conventional way would they still be useful. Especially since some of teh cheaper ones only cost £30 - £40?
      AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

I've used a cheap china soft one and it worked really well for zeroing in sights. While I accept that BB's are cheap it was still easier to do than try and work out which BB is flying the straightest!

Comment

I keep looking at these.
          Boresighters are used to do initial zeroing of sights before taking ballistics into account.
          While they could also be used for that in airsoft, IMO it'd also be useful for setting the hop.

Though in all cases, the gun should be mechanically clamped down so that it doesn't move after the laser is removed.

The biggest problem with using one, though, is that the inner barrel on most airsoft guns stops too far short of the outer barrel end to be able to fit the laser accurately.

Comment

Not easy to use though. In a real rifle, the bore sight goes into the chamber and it's simply a case of pulling back the bolt and inserting it. The camber of the chamber makes sure it is straight and true, and the bolt carrier is released forward to hold it in place. On an airsoft gun, you would have to take the upper off to use it and there is no easy way to keep it straight down the barrel.

Edit: I get you now. You mean the into muzzle jobbies. Sorry.

Comment

I used a china soft that's worth 20 quid and its perfect for zeroing my Eotech regardless of the fact bbs fly around, but when you play a lot of CQB like I do it makes all the difference, I know for a fact when someone says you didn't hit me I can tell them that I am sure I have!
              Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Beef Find out more about Beef
              Working...
              X