The Ultimate first GBB pistol thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultimate first GBB pistol thread.

Well I thought this might be a good idea for a few reasons because there is ALOT of GBB pistols out there, and a lot of noobs.

This thread is for helping shift the good from the bad for those of us who have little to no experience with buying pistols and for the Pro's to keep us right!

So I put to you, what is the best GBB pistol for someone who is new to the whole thing.

I have seen that most "first" pistols tend to be:

TM Glock 17
    TM Desert Eagle
    TM P226
    TM 1911
    TM Hi-cappa's
    KSC/KWA Glock 17
    WE Hi-Cappa's
    WA Hi-cappa's

Now, thats just a basic list off the top of my head and here we have a wide selection of pistols and brands. Not to mention price ranges.

So, I put to you for discussion.. What do you think is the better option for beginners (and pro's!)? Please post your pro's con's and other useful information, try and keep the "ZOMG TM TEH WINNZZZ" to yourself. It's not really helpful.
    SAVE OUR SPORT
    http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Re: The Ultimate first GBB pistol thread.

Well, having used:
    a highly upgraded TM Hi cappa 5.1
    KSC glock 17
    KSC socom .45
    P226 of some sort (99% sure it was a TM)

and then buying my own ARMY MEU (the black one, note, this is important, for some reason, it performs better than the silver one. i dont know why, but its more accurate, and has about 15 fps more)

i have got to say, value for money wise, the MEU is amazing. Its half the price of even the cheapest TM (i got mine for £45 including delivery and import etc) It is plenty accurate, i can hit a torso every time at 20 metres, which is fine for a pistol. Effective range is at least 30m. Which, when you compare it to its twice as expensive brothers, is really very good. When i got it, i cleaned the barrel, set the hop, and that was it. 2000 rounds later, and ive had 0 problems, 0 jams, absolutely NADA. I may have just got an absolute peach, but seriously, i would reccomend this to anyone.you can get one of these with 3 extra mags for the price of just the stock tm equivalent.

Comes with a spare hop rubber (which is actually very good!) and a spare loading nozzle, incase yours cracks. (mine never has)

Mine shoots 325 fps OOTB on green, and can handle it fine.

Overall, highly reccomended

Please see this thread, as well as iTrader, for trader feedback!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=26651

Comment

Well I'll do the TM Desert Eagle.

Pros:

-Really nice weight
      -Sexiest thing in life if you get Chrome
      -Mags are huge and hold loads of gas
      -Will do roughly 330fps stock on green gas with a great range, with upgraded internals this would be even more immense.
      -Brilliant kick and noise
      -Everyone wants to see it/have a go with it!
      -If you get the metal kit.. it's really original and feels 100% better.
      -Actually has a sneaky built in top RIS

Cons:

-Slide can crack easily due to immense blowback!
      -Guarder metal kit is like $200
      -If you get a drop leg and don't pull your belt TIGHT then say goodbye to your dignity as your trousers fall around your ankles!
      -Again, if you get a drop leg you almost cannot run without it smashing into your knees.
      (my advice for the above two is to remove the actual drop leg bit and use it as a thigh holster strapped around your belt - much easier and more comfortable)
      -Mags are also heavy to lug around
      -Looks unbelieveably ridiculous with any kind of attachments, so it isnt a tactical pistol. Putting lasers/lights/silencers looks so stupid it's unreal. 100x as bad on the Chrome version.
      Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Got the TM Glock 17!

Can't fault much on it, it really performs well and I think I can speak for a lot of people when I say TM are at the top end of hte pistol market they are also affordable too!

It comes fully plastic, but due to the way the Glock is made, it's extremely sturdy and the frame is really nicely made. At first (before I got it) I thought I would probably get a metal slide at some point, but now it seems pointless! It works well on 134A + Ultra! So it's site friendly anywhere.

Hop is superb, can get ace range on it and its very accurate! I am very pleased with it and I dont imagine it ever being replaced..

Suffice to say, I'm buying 4 new mags for it to use it as my urban weapon! It's a beauty!

Comment

TM MK.23 SOCOM

Silent as the grave and IMMENSE range and accurate to boot

It can even out range AEGs
          HELP ME I'M LOST!!!

Only the unknown are truly alone.

Comment

The ultimate first GBB pistol is any by TM just because of how user friendly they are. Like TM AEGs as long as they are left stock and treated well they'll give years of service and because they're plastic slided they will work pretty much all year around.

Originally posted by waltzinblack View Post
            Well I'll do the TM Desert Eagle.
            Cons:
            -Slide can crack easily due to immense blowback!
            -If you get a drop leg and don't pull your belt TIGHT then say goodbye to your dignity as your trousers fall around your ankles!
            IIRC the TM DE hard kick has a metal frame inside the slide so there shouldn't be any cracking for a good long while and if it is such a worry use the 134A it was designed for. Also you shouldn't be wearing a holster on your trouser belt.
            You missed stupidly huge and heavy from the cons list too.

Comment

I own a few too many pistols and the best i have and use is definately the TM P226 it is accurate easy to use and maintain, they are so good i have 2 one for skirmishing and one for best.

But all i can advise is stay well clear of clone pistols as they are nothing but trouble on some of the newer copies (Army especially) and i dont know anyone who has not bought one and it now lives in a drawer.

curlyboy
              'I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around' Han Solo

Comment

Your mad but that sweet colletion. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Error 404 View Post
                  TM MK.23 SOCOM

Silent as the grave and IMMENSE range and accurate to boot

It can even out range AEGs
                  thats not a GBB mate

Comment

Originally posted by 101stairborne-506 View Post
                    thats not a GBB mate

that my friend is a very good point
                    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                      that my friend is a very good point
                      It is a great weapon though for the stealthy kill, the only weakness being the mags.

curlyboy
                      'I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around' Han Solo

Comment

i would not be able to agree with curlyboy on clone pistols i have freinds with full metal tm guns with they stuck a lot of money into and they still opt for the army meu or army glock i would be able to say for them not to buy the jg glock18c cool guns but very unreliable over time.

Comment

my first pistol was the TM m92F beretta and im still using it today although with me my pistol tends to come out every skirmish and have racked up more kills with my pistol then any of my AEGs

Comment

OK, KJW Sig P229.

Full metal - Pros and cons here. It feels the mutts, weighs a few grams more than the real thing and is as solid as a rock. But, metal absorbs heat faster than plastic, so in cold weather it will cool down faster than a plastic gun, therefore, loosing power quicker. Having said that, I've used it year round and have never noticed any significant drop in performance. Keep it to single shots, or double taps, and the cool down really isn't a problem.

Trades - Most of them don't have any, but if you can find one of the SigArms licenced ones, then there are full trades and also come in a factory carry case. These are exactly the same guns as used, and sold, by SigArms themselves. They are sold on the SigArms website and used in their training school for force-on-force training.

Reliability - All pros here, it's never let me down once! I'm not in the least anal about the condition of my guns, they're a tool and tools get used. After a game, I just strip and clean, re-lube and put it back in it's box.

To sum up, if the gun itself is good enough for the real steel manufacturer to use, it's got to be good enough for skirmishing. Perhaps, from that point of view, as close to a PTW as you can get with a GBB pistol!

On the left, next to my wife's KJW Glock 27:
                            sigpic

Comment

i own a number of pistols and my top GBB pistols wierdly is a clone glock17 direct copy of the TM but for the metal slide

i have tried Tm and the finish is nicer but the power of my clone with its cheap metal slide is awsome, and the kick is nice to(they joy of the cheaper metal been its not as heavy as a high end slide so does trash my pistol frame)

I have a MEISTER Glock17 (well 2 actualy as they only cost 65 form a uk retailer who no longer carries them sadly)
                              Firstly the mags on these are rubbish and you need to get TM original mags but once done all the issues with these are gone, its over a year old now and still both rocking fine as i have 2 i have played them as primary weapons previously so they have had a lot of rounds through them with no hitches( i medic a lot in games).

very happy with my cheap clones cant fault them except for the mags. (the same cant be said of the Army clone its rubbish)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

apmaman Find out more about apmaman
                              Working...
                              X