paint removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint removal

couldnt find a thread about this in search but im sure ive seen something similar before ive got a plastic bodies gun here and i want to remove the tan paintjob now in the past i used nitro mors on a l85 handguard........never again ..... went all bumpy so obviously it works a treat with metal but not plastic, so basicly what im sking is there something good to get paint off plastic ive heard of fairy powerspray will this bring the paint and a primer off? if not is there anythign else?

Re: paint removal

B@Q sell a caustic paste paint remover in a tub. Also model shops used to sell a similar product called Modelstrip.

You covered the part to be stripped in the paste, then popped it into a plastic bag to stop the paste drying out. After a few hours you removed the item and scrubbed it with a nail brush under a running tap.

Comment

Fairy Power Spray does the job nicely. HOWEVER wash your hands thoroughly when using it. As it'll dry up the top layer of skin on your hands and it WILL all peel off. It doesn't cause any pain or discomfort. It just looks like your shedding your skin

Comment

Fairy power spray. Just dont spary it on walls ect as itll strip those too.
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

if you sprayed it on the metal parts would it strip the original paint off?

Comment

Fairy power spray all the way! Used it loads, it works brilliantly!

Comment

it seems crazy in a way that something you use to wash dishes can take paint off.

Comment

Originally posted by XxB4K3RxX View Post
                it seems crazy in a way that something you use to wash dishes can take paint off.

nah its used to get sh1t out the cooker etc, the proper hard on stains lol

edit, i dont literally mean hard on lol
                sigpic

Comment

So lucky u did the edit Joe! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Steveuknotts View Post
                    So lucky u did the edit Joe! Lol
                    yeah, dont want to get ripped now do i lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Mate, that would have caused a torrent of remarks! Rofl....... Good save

Comment

I've seen plenty of threads about it but maybe I'm going a little loopy?

Just use power spray and a tooth brush. The longer you leave the spray on the better job it'll do.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                        X